Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Yay Cingular!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They now added unlimited mobile to mobile text messaging! Wheewww!
When did they add this
How much is it?
That's pretty awesome. I saw the new Blackberry and would love to buy it so if I could go through Cingular I would burn up the new text messaging feature.
I like the Blackberrys ... I got a KRAZR (sp) for my Birthday... I have loved it so far.
That's a really nice phone too 15th. I've always wanted a Blackberry and the new Pearl caught my eye because it's really sharp and getting a lot smaller than the old school Blackberrys. Those things couldn't even fit in pockets, haha.
Is this free for all Cingular users?
This is awesome however, I don't text enough to use all of my 200 monthly ones much less to need unlimited. Is this part of the AT&T thing...
I can't see how anyone could possibly use more than 50 text messages in a month...and that's pushing it.

What is really the point in text messaging? Why not just call someone for free?
ComfortEagle Wrote:I can't see how anyone could possibly use more than 50 text messages in a month...and that's pushing it.

You have to have something to do in really boring classes...plus text is cheaper than calling...
ComfortEagle Wrote:I can't see how anyone could possibly use more than 50 text messages in a month...and that's pushing it.

Good point.
DTfan Wrote:You have to have something to do in really boring classes...plus text is cheaper than calling...

Well in class you should be learning, but aside from that, I have unlimited long distance and unlimited calling after 7 pm.

I don't see how paying $5, $10, or $15 extra for text messaging is cheaper.
How much is this new deal?? I have cingular looks good!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Well in class you should be learning, but aside from that, I have unlimited long distance and unlimited calling after 7 pm.

I don't see how paying $5, $10, or $15 extra for text messaging is cheaper.

Well my nights and weekend minutes start at 7:00pm. If you go over you minutes like alot of people I know do then sending some text messages are alot cheaper than using up minutes even when you are already over. Text messages, if you dont have a plan that includes them is like 10 cents per message and using overage minutes more than that per minute. It's just easier to send text messages when you're in places you cant talk, like class or a library. I send text messages, not alot but I do it when I am in these places or when I need to tell someone something important during the day and I don't know what their class schedule is or basically whenever I don't feel like talking to anyone.

Well then this will absolutely blow your mind. My oldest son averages about 80 A DAY on top of several thousand minutes used.

The wife and I use text messaging because of the way we work. I don't want to call her in case she is with a patient and she does not call me in case I am with a customer. We text message back and forth during the day to keep from interrupting each other with phone calls.
It is easy to use up alot of text messages, like I said I don't ususally text and when I do it's just a couple here and there and throughout my month I manage to use at least 100 of my 200....I even tried to use all my 200 up one month and still came short about 90.
I think it's $5 extra. They changed the packages all around. Mine is $19.99 and I get 1000 text to other networks (Tmobile, Verizon, etc) and unlimited to cingular, and 5 MB of internet. I just got a Treo 650 off of ebay and I absolutely love it! I am texting all the time now lol...even more than before.

They have a cheaper package for $9.99 (unlimited to cingular, 200 to other networks)

Then a $14.99 package I think
I use about 2500-2700 text messages a month, we use them constantly at work.
What business are you in that you use that many 98? Just curious.