Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Breathitt girls coach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumor is it is Misty McAlarnis an assistant coach at Perry Central.
Didn't know they were open?
Strikeout, the rumor is not true. She isnt Breathitts coach.
Breathitt will be a hard job to recruit a good coach to right now. They are at their lowest point in program history right now. In a weak district where Wolfe and Jackson City are both going to be better for the next few years. At this point Breathitt just needs to find someone that will commit to building the program for the next 3-4 years.
Breathitt girls head coach did step down. But to my knowledge, the job hasn't even been posted yet.
What’s going on here with Breathitt?
Heard on Saturday that Misty McAlarnis was offered the Breathitt job.
Would be a good hire but will she take it?
Newspaper is reporting this now
I don’t know her but I have heard her name as applied for several jobs in the past.
Glad she’s finally going to get her chance.
Good luck to Coach McAlarnis. Breathitt needs to be patient and allow her time to put a system in place to develop youth. She will do a great job.
Hope she's better at Breathitt than Perry. Good luck to her and the Lady Bobcats.
With Brewer transferring back, Breathitt should be much improved next year. If McAlarnis can get Noble back out on the court, then Breathitt will be better than most think. They have some young talent to build around, they just need some leadership.
Would have to be better than last years failed experiment. I was happy the school hired an experienced coach. With that being said, I don't think anyone would disagree that it is going to take time to get this program back to competing for regional titles and we must start at the elementary and middle school developing these kids. We have already started off bad. The new coach hired one of her buddies to coach the team. A guy with no playing or coaching experience. I've heard this give them a chance stuff all i need too. Was at a game at the coliseum last week and during warm ups, out of the 8 eighth graders shooting layups, 6 were shooting off the wrong foot. The two coaches were standing under the goal watching not offering to correct this, because they didn't know the difference. No organization whatsoever. The other team was pressing and we had no press offense. Just throw it into one player and she would try to dribble up against a zone press. The other team would trap her and take the ball for a layup. It was 14 to 0 in 2 minutes. Other team quit pressing. No fundamentals whatsoever taught in the way of drills for shooting , passing, footwork etc. Cronyism at its finest. So don't look for Mcalarnis to last long either. I would say give her time to develop younger talent too, but right off the bat, she showed no willingness to do this.
Wannacat, did you apply for the job? Since you know so much, you should of applied. Did you offer any of your advice? You sure are a critic. McAlarnis has been there for a whooping month moron. Where did you play ball at? WHAT I THOUGHT!

And her buddy she hired coaches a pretty darn good successful middle school softball program. One of the best in Eastern Kentucky. Its not like a bunch of ex high school coaches applied for those middle school coaching positions. Wasnt exactly a whole lot to choose from. Maybe you should of applied Mr. Know IT ALL!!!!!
[quote=The_Rock]Wannacat, did you apply for the job? Since you know so much, you should of applied. Did you offer any of your advice? You sure are a critic. McAlarnis has been there for a whooping month moron. Where did you play ball at? WHAT I THOUGHT!

And her buddy she hired coaches a pretty darn good successful middle school softball program. One of the best in Eastern Kentucky. Its not like a bunch of ex high school coaches applied for those middle school coaching positions. Wasnt exactly a whole lot to choose from. Maybe you should of applied Mr. Know IT ALL!!!!![/Q

Didn't take but a whooping month to see what was going on smart@ss. "And her buddy she hired coaches a pretty darn good successful middle school softball program. One of the best in Eastern Kentucky." Softball and basketball are two different sports. Besides that you must not get to many softball games. He knows about as much about softball as he does basketball. Three of the better middle school players transferred to JCS because he was the coach at Sebastian. Their parents refused to let them play for him because they didn't want him stunting their development. One of which pitched the semi-finals of the regional tournament last year as a seventh grader.
Did you apply Mr Know It All? If not, explain why you didn't. I guess you only work with D1 talent. LMAO

To bad JC has to play a bunch of grade school kids to field a team. This region isnt exactly loaded in softball.
We made semi-finals of the region. Not bad for a bunch of grade school kids
We? Thought you had a kid playing at SMS?

Anyway, why didnt you apply for the job? Seriously. You may of got the job Wannacat. If you know as much about basketball as you seem to know, why dont you go ask Coach McAlarnis if you can help with the team. Im sure she would like some more help considering they could really use it. I understand your frustrations but theres a lot more to it than what you just see from the bleachers man. I sat in the bleachers many times and critiqued many of coaches. Then I became one and it wasnt all it was made out to be.
wannacat Wrote:Would have to be better than last years failed experiment. I was happy the school hired an experienced coach. With that being said, I don't think anyone would disagree that it is going to take time to get this program back to competing for regional titles and we must start at the elementary and middle school developing these kids. We have already started off bad. The new coach hired one of her buddies to coach the team. A guy with no playing or coaching experience. I've heard this give them a chance stuff all i need too. Was at a game at the coliseum last week and during warm ups, out of the 8 eighth graders shooting layups, 6 were shooting off the wrong foot. The two coaches were standing under the goal watching not offering to correct this, because they didn't know the difference. No organization whatsoever. The other team was pressing and we had no press offense. Just throw it into one player and she would try to dribble up against a zone press. The other team would trap her and take the ball for a layup. It was 14 to 0 in 2 minutes. Other team quit pressing. No fundamentals whatsoever taught in the way of drills for shooting , passing, footwork etc. Cronyism at its finest. So don't look for Mcalarnis to last long either. I would say give her time to develop younger talent too, but right off the bat, she showed no willingness to do this.

The_Rock Wrote:Wannacat, did you apply for the job? Since you know so much, you should of applied. Did you offer any of your advice? You sure are a critic. McAlarnis has been there for a whooping month moron. Where did you play ball at? WHAT I THOUGHT!

And her buddy she hired coaches a pretty darn good successful middle school softball program. One of the best in Eastern Kentucky. Its not like a bunch of ex high school coaches applied for those middle school coaching positions. Wasnt exactly a whole lot to choose from. Maybe you should of applied Mr. Know IT ALL!!!!!

[Image: 5pIHTMs.jpg]

wannarock, ole fatpat can tell you a thing or three about fixin it. Need to add a few more days to that whooping 30 the boi got, wowza! First thing Breathitt needs to do is find a fatcatfan and get bobkitten nation on it's feet. Second thing is find them a freakin train like we have in Patriot country. Third, you catz need to settle this at the Asian buffett fatpat style.

#bobkittenswillriseagainsomeday More mash taters please!!!
""""He knows about as much about softball as he does basketball. Three of the better middle school players transferred to JCS because he was the coach at Sebastian. Their parents refused to let them play for him because they didn't want him stunting their development. One of which pitched the semi-finals of the regional tournament last year as a seventh grader"""".

She doesn't play travel ball for the same organization that the Jackson City coach is affiliated with. Does she? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
But I think she wanted to play for Tony more than she didn't want to play for Donnie.
[Image: Joe-Biden-shake-head-no.gif] Bolz let ole Fatpat break it down for you baby! Knott be cruising train style brutha! Everybody else playing second fiddly plain and simple! #secondthirdfourthsamething #itdontmatter #asianbuffetisshabab More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: Joe-Biden-shake-head-no.gif] Bolz let ole Fatpat break it down for you baby! Knott be cruising train style brutha! Everybody else playing second fiddly plain and simple! #secondthirdfourthsamething #itdontmatter #asianbuffetisshabab More mash taters please!!!
I like a person with plenty of confidence, lol.

Who’s your top 4 picks that might finish runner-up to the Lady Patriots?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I like a person with plenty of confidence, lol.

Who’s your top 4 picks that might finish runner-up to the Lady Patriots?

[Image: rU0NKpY.gif]

Looky baby, ole fatpat goin to break this mutha down for you:

1. Knott
2. Leslie
3. Letcher
4. Hazard
5. Owsley/Powell/Perry/JBS/Lotts Creek/Not sure it matters

See where ole fatpat is going brutha?

#gotthreewordsforyouchoochoo More mash taters please!!!
Even with Brewer I think that Breathitt County remains a doormat this season. It probably won't be as bad as last season, but you can't get much worse than 3-21 lol. However, they play a really easy schedule this year. It's obvious they wanted to assure a few wins. Regardless of the record they'll still be a lower level team until they prove otherwise. Wolfe County will win the district.
Your probably right Ole Man but they dont cut the nets down in October last time I checked.
The_Rock Wrote:Your probably right Ole Man but they dont cut the nets down in October last time I checked.

[Image: yNpzcSE.png]

Shout out to kitty land cause they been focusing on their concession menus bolz! Can't have a bad season and bad concessions too.

#thatbunchhassomepotential More mash taters please!!!