Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 9 - Perry Central 1 (14th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2-1 going into the top of the seventh when things went off the rails.

Some walks and defensive miscues led to Hazard small-balling their way to 7 runs in the inning. 5 runs were initiated by bunts. One was walked across. And I think the last one was a ground-out to the short stop that brought in another one.

Most people I've seen out for baseball in a long time and maybe the wildest finish I've seen.

Hazard got Perry when it counted.
Bryson Parks hit a monster opposite field home run in the top of the fifth to tie the game at 1-1. In the top of the sixth Trajon Campbell hits a double and Bailey Blair follows with a bunt single down the first base line. The Bulldogs take the lead for good on a groundout by Devin Morris that plates Campbell. Three walks and an error loaded the bases in the top of the seventh when a suicide squeeze by Campbell turned into a RBI basehit. Then another squeeze by Blair with no outs equals another run. Then another squeeze with 2 strikes by Andy Baker clears the bases and Baker ends up on third. Dalton Baker then drives in the final run of the game with a clean single to left.
Before tonight, as Zaga said earlier, 2 of the three games could have went to Hazard. Two great teams with great pitchers on the mound. Good luck to the Bulldogs in the Sweet Sixteen.
Amazing atmosphere for a baseball game. As zaga stated, largest crowd I've seen for a high school baseball game.
I'd rather went 1-3 through the season and had the regional title, but baseball is a fickle sport sometimes. Congrats and good luck to the Bulldogs. Best of luck to all the Commodore seniors and congratulations on an excellent season.
Way to go Dawgs!
Congratulations Hazard! Good luck at State!