Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where Am I....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here I sit beating on this computer, blanket on my lap, a fire roaring in the fireplace, a cup of hot chocolate nearby. I gaze out my window to see snow flying and piling on the ground. Where am I? A cozy New England village in January? A borough in Michigan? A snow belt home in western New York? NO! I'm in Southern West Virginia in April. Boy just imagine how cold it would be right now if it weren't for global warming. Now don't get me wrong, I'm for saving our environment, but is it totally necessary to cause a world wide panic because a few icebergs are melting? Al Gore in his benevolent glory going from place to place touting the dangers of our eroding ozone layer while travelling in his private jet that emits more toxins to the atmosphere than several automobiles combined. Let me be the first to say it .....HYPOCRITE!

With the presidential election a few months away I'm sure environmental issues will be a hotbed topic and to reiterate I understand the importance of a healthy environment. But these should be a local issue as well and it begins with me and you. As the bible says we strain at a gnat but swallow a camel. Look at the filth along our roadways, if you're that concerned about the environment then grab a trash bag and start cleaning. Our area of the Appalachians are by far the most beautiful of any area in the planet.

I'm sure you remember the coal slurry spill that affected Martin County in Oct. 2000? You don't? Oh that's right there was no national media coverage of it. Not like the coverage of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in the late 1980's. Well in volume of muck this was 10 times worse. I couldn't help but think of all the threats made to the coal company from the folks affected, you know the people which lived in homes that "straight piped" raw sewage into the creek. The town of Kermit W.V. pipes raw sewage into the Tug River now, at the cost of 25 dollars per household (added to the water bill of course). So what'll ya have, a glass of sludge or a glass of sewage? Mmmm....refreshing!

Now that I've sickened you it's time to go. Thank you for reading my rant. God Bless You.
sheww, i no thats rediculous..just tuesday it was 83 now its 31. wierd huh. hopefully the global warming will be all over soon.
KyGators10 Wrote:hopefully the global warming will be all over soon.

Global warming isn't going to just cure itself. There won't be a day that we wake up and OH! global warming has stopped. Maybe the temperatures will even out and start feeling like Spring but the issue itself, not a chance. We caused it and as much as it sucks we are going to have to live with it. It will just keep getting worse.
thetribe Wrote:Global warming isn't going to just cure itself. There won't be a day that we wake up and OH! global warming has stopped. Maybe the temperatures will even out and start feeling like Spring but the issue itself, not a chance. We caused it and as much as it sucks we are going to have to live with it. It will just keep getting worse.
Wait and see. The Earth goes through cycles of warm and cool. In the 70s all the ecologists thought that we were going to be doomed from Global Cooling. They demanded that the government do something to warm the earth. It is a cycle. The world will follow its path.
You speak the truth Beef. It is all cyclical. It warms up a couple weeks and people think the world is coming to an end. Maybe if Gore would turn down his thermostat we would be OK.
The Iriquois had a creed: "Think of the next
seven generations before you act." That sounds
strange to modern American ears. Our creed
is this: "Think of convenience and comfort and
leisure and 'my goddang right to do whatever I
want to wheneven I want to witout no lefty pinko
commie 'virmentalist' every time I act." Of course
it is a big deal when polar ice caps are melting.
"Don't bother me with the facts, sir, I have the
worship of my own lifestyle and opinions to uphold."
Beef Wrote:Wait and see. The Earth goes through cycles of warm and cool. In the 70s all the ecologists thought that we were going to be doomed from Global Cooling. They demanded that the government do something to warm the earth. It is a cycle. The world will follow its path.

I hate when people try to say global warming is just like "global cooling". Well folks in case you haven't been awake since the 70's global cooling was never accepted in the scientific community, all legit scientist, not ones directed by a political party or agenda, agree that global warming exist. Global Warming isnt going to just go away. We as humans need to stop thinking our actions arent affecting the earth, it is.
Less than 1% of our air should be made up of carbon, any carbon being added to the atmosphere, even in small amounts can drastically change that Percentage. and we have been pouring CO2 into the air, and you really think there will be no consequences, come on.

Too many people are watching fox news. There's a really easy way to study this, anyone can do it.
step 1. go to a search engine (google, yahoo, msn)
step 2. Type in Global warming
Step 3. READ!!!