Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ranking of 13th Region Coaching Staffs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. North
2. Whitley
3. South
4. Harlan County
5. Knox Central
6. Clay
7. Corbin
8. Middlesboro
9. Barbourville
10. Williamsburg
Oh boy... this’ll get a few fights started for sure.
This is touchy, I truly cannot speak for any other staffs. I know my son is a junior, started all years and I will comment after the end of the season due to backlash. I have several interesting tells to share, free agency for baseball someone in the region could inherit a lot of top notch ball players after football season if they don’t relocate to play for there summer coaches.
SEKYSports Wrote:1. North
2. Whitley
3. South
4. Harlan County
5. Knox Central
6. Clay
7. Corbin
8. Middlesboro
9. Barbourville
10. Williamsburg

My initial response, how is the new staff at South ranked 3rd after this season?

How is Harlan County so high with so little results?
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:This is touchy, I truly cannot speak for any other staffs. I know my son is a junior, started all years and I will comment after the end of the season due to backlash. I have several interesting tells to share, free agency for baseball someone in the region could inherit a lot of top notch ball players after football season if they don’t relocate to play for there summer coaches.

How hot will the seat get if Corbin were to get upset by South Laurel tomorrow?:argue:
The Outsider Wrote:How hot will the seat get if Corbin were to get upset by South Laurel tomorrow?:argue:

:flame:
The Outsider Wrote:How hot will the seat get if Corbin were to get upset by South Laurel tomorrow?:argue:

HOPEFULLY pretty freaking HOT! because I was never impressed with him to begin with. When I played we ALWAYS won the district, and usually made it to the region championship. My senior year we won the region, won the sectionals against a very good Pikeville team, and went to the state elite 8. With the talent they have there is no reason for them not to be getting the same results most years
Hound05 Wrote:HOPEFULLY pretty freaking HOT! because I was never impressed with him to begin with. When I played we ALWAYS won the district, and usually made it to the region championship. My senior year we won the region, won the sectionals against a very good Pikeville team, and went to the state elite 8. With the talent they have there is no reason for them not to be getting the same results most years

I bet his hind end was warm for a while tonight.
Good and fair question. I'm no looking at just this year or any specific year. I'm going by my personal take on the Coaching staff or from what I feel a staff has or can do. Harlan County I feel Coach Lewis has done well over the years.Looking at South Coach Smith has much knowledge and I feel can teach the game well and his team has grown from the start of the season until now all the while fighting many injuries, plus his team almost upended Corbin last night.
How do you feel about Jackson? Didn’t have them top 10 and beat Clay and North to win the district.
Very impressive win for Jackson County and I'm very happy for them and their entire program. Just a reminder, i'm not looking at anyone season or a specific year, just as a Coaching staff as a whole.
We will trade our coaching staff for Corbin coaching staff. Corbin has always had really good coaching.
Who would you like to have coaching your team?
Harlan Co staff, Middlesboro staff...etc
Football staff for Baseball staff? You are now a hound, right?
Wrong!! Not a hound!!
Bell Co baseball staff for Zcorbin baseball staff
Bobcat4years Wrote:We will trade our coaching staff for Corbin coaching staff. Corbin has always had really good coaching.
Who would you like to have coaching your team?
Harlan Co staff, Middlesboro staff...etc

I will agree that we have HAD really good coaching in the past. But im just not impressed with the current HC. Too much talent and to many athletes have came through there the past couple of years not to have better results. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. But hes an average coach. I played under Coach Sawyers and briefly for Coach Garmon. Both coaches had us dominating the district and in the regional championship every year and one year the elite 8 of the state.
I think currently, he's almost pulling a tubby smith, he's not doing poor enough to let go, but he's def not overachieving at all. Just kinda bland in a way. I don't know who I'd trade them for. I don't follow other teams in baseball close enough now days. I always thought Rob Leddington would take the program to another level because of his knowledge of the game. But he was also a let down while here. I guess it was his management skills outside of actually knowing the game/ organizational skills. (I.E. practice, etc.) I think his lack of pitching skills and knowledge also hurt him as a HC as well. So I dunno who they should get?????
Hard to believe there are 6 worse than Williamsburg
Looks like Corbin was ranked a little low!!
Hound05 Wrote:I will agree that we have HAD really good coaching in the past. But im just not impressed with the current HC. Too much talent and to many athletes have came through there the past couple of years not to have better results. I'm not saying he's a bad coach. But hes an average coach. I played under Coach Sawyers and briefly for Coach Garmon. Both coaches had us dominating the district and in the regional championship every year and one year the elite 8 of the state.
I think currently, he's almost pulling a tubby smith, he's not doing poor enough to let go, but he's def not overachieving at all. Just kinda bland in a way. I don't know who I'd trade them for. I don't follow other teams in baseball close enough now days. I always thought Rob Leddington would take the program to another level because of his knowledge of the game. But he was also a let down while here. I guess it was his management skills outside of actually knowing the game/ organizational skills. (I.E. practice, etc.) I think his lack of pitching skills and knowledge also hurt him as a HC as well. So I dunno who they should get?????
Coach Philpot has been at Corbin for 4 years. He has won 3 district titles. Corbin has won 3 region titles in their history, one of them being this year under Coach Philpot. I watched every game of the region tournament and Coach Philpot consistently made all the right decisions and coached an outstanding tournament.
Great job by Corbin staff
Updated Jan 2019
Notice this is staff not head Coach only.
1. North
2. Corbin ..Added a good hitting Coach (Estep) as proven by his son. They could be higher, but a few more changes are needed. Great hire by Coach Philpot
3. Whitley Possibly the best head coach at this point. A few others are moving up.
4. Harlan County
5. South... Will move up.. Great knowledge of the game with lots of passion
6. Clay
7. Knox Central dont stir the pot
8. Barbaourville
9. Williamsburg
10.Middlesboro
What exactly is the criteria? From what I’ve heard the guy from Clay County could have had the Pikeville job if he wanted it, but at the last minute decided to stay at Clay. I’m just saying, unless you know these coaching staffs and everyone on it personally, it’s very presumptuous to think you can accurately asses their capabilities and success. For that matter, what do you base success as? Wins and losses? Championships? There may be a coach in that region that has decided graduation rate and GPA is how he will measure his success. I just don’t get how someone can make these types of judgments about another person that is basically volunteering their time to give back to their community. It’s just another type of thing that chases away good people from coaching.
No one was question them on a personal level and i'm sad thats what you decide to do. I was think anyone was speaking of their baseball/team management skill, not rank the Coaches as humans. It says as a "baseball Staff' in reference to how they coach the baseball side of things. Thank you and please dont turn things into negativity.