Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Snow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anybody notice that it snowed today about 5 and didnt stop til about 10.
Why is it snowing in April for?
I have 2 inches of snow here and for the life of me could not tell you why. It's not supposed to snow in April, especially not after having a 88 degree day like 2 days ago! I don't like it, I don't like it at all I tell ya.
1 word "apocalypse" lol.
How much snow do you have other there right now?
We just came back from Kingsport and it was a blizzard around Norton and Pound. Everything, including the roads were snow covered. It was still bad around Dorton but now that I made it home everything is fine. I remember several years it snowed about 30 inches on April 4th.
thetribe Wrote:How much snow do you have other there right now?

About three inches, and the road is covered.
It was a blizzard towards Hazard tonight. People were pulling off beside of the road because you simply couldn't see anything outside of the car. Hopefully it has stopped snowing everywhere and the roads will be clear by morning and that will be the end to it. I have big plans this weekend, haha. My grandma's birthday is during the first week of April and she was talking about it snowing a few times on her birthday so I guess it does happen. Just odd to go from 88 degrees to 28 right now. The high for tomorrow is in the mid-30s. I dun't like it.
I figured that you would have a little more than me WP because of the elevation there. I don't think that my roads are bad, I couldn't see that anything had laid on them earlier but I do have around 2 inches, the heat has kicked on all night, temperatures are so cold, and the snow has stopped for now.
I'll bet theres no school tomorrow. hahahahahah

Any takers? lol
BC75 Wrote:I'll bet theres no school tomorrow. hahahahahah

Any takers? lol

LOL
I keep turning it to WYMT to see if it's called off but they haven't turned Sno Go on tonight..

Big Grin
It snowed a lot in Anderson, IN but didn't accumulate
Races today 15th?
I was standing at work and looked out the window and it was like pouring and I had no clue what to think.....I was amazed that it was snowing in April....After I had been wearing shorts for the past 2 weeks
thetribe Wrote:Races today 15th?

Yeap lol... Dad had to come and get his license because Reba raced last night
SVcatfan Wrote:We just came back from Kingsport and it was a blizzard around Norton and Pound. Everything, including the roads were snow covered. It was still bad around Dorton but now that I made it home everything is fine. I remember several years it snowed about 30 inches on April 4th.
You are correct I dont remember ther year but we did get 27 -30 inches in April here in Belfry.
April 1987....I was very pregnant with first child and we were snowed in...it was unbelievable.
My parents and grandparents have pictures of that snow. Our dog at the time, an Australian Shepard, was almost hidden as he walked.
It snowed hard in Hazard last night. I wondered if they played the baseball game last night cos I wasn't about to go sit in the snow and watch it. LOL We had an inch or so on the ground and the rooftops but it didn't stick on the roads...well, maybe on bridges.
I WANT WARM WEATHER!!!!
Near Hazard last night it was seriously coming down.

It is going to suck being out in skirts, short sleeves, and heels/flip flops/sandals/etc. tomorrow because no one accounted for snow the day before and the temperature that it would be on Easter.
Yeah it snowed a pretty good lot around the floyd county area. Hard to believe that my Mom and Myself just put away all of the winter clothes away the other day and now come April its now 20-30 degrees. Mind blowing.
I know the feeling STATS. I had been wearing my new shorts, bought new polos, and a TON of new pairs of flip flops and here comes to snow. The sun is beautiful outside but it's still soooo cold.
It's crazy cold which isn't good for me espicially when tomorrow I have to walk across campus and back in open toe high heels and a suit that isn't warm at all. It'll be horrible.