Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lincoln County Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw that Lincoln County will be holding interviews next week. Does anyone know who they'll be interviewing?
Whoever they are....good luck to them. 😳
I think it could be a very good job. They always have some talent to work with.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:I think it could be a very good job. They always have some talent to work with.

I think so too, but no idea who might take the job.
Malcolm Ex Wrote:I think it could be a very good job. They always have some talent to work with.

They have some talent returning this year for sure. But history over the last 20 years proves otherwise for the longterm. They haven't had a winning season since 2007, two region finals in the last 20+ years ('99 & '07) while prior to 99 they went to region, semi and even state finals like it was their job (especially from 88-95).

It's a very, very spread out county geographically. The overwhelming vast majority of their kids that play come from Stanford (county seat and where the school is located), while those in the other communities throughout the county have anywhere from a 20-40 minute drive.

People can say what they want denying that reality (not sure why), but that plays a large factor. Lincoln County (like many "county" schools across our state) could send the rest of the kids outside of those that live in or around ( lets say within 5-6 miles of the school) to another school and it wouldn't effect the football program one bit. They are a 5A (soon to be 4A) school, with a 1A-2A team in terms of where they draw their kids from.

Next year, though they for sure have some talent returning...starting with Yaden at QB (probably more of an ATH playing QB than a 'true' QB, but nonetheless a fantastic athlete) and Napier at RB (his dad played at Lincoln back in the mid-late 90's and was the 3A 100/200 State Track champion in his days as well) who can score anytime he touches it.
I saw on another MB that an announcement would be made this week. So, I’m assuming they have made a hire.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:They have some talent returning this year for sure. But history over the last 20 years proves otherwise for the longterm. They haven't had a winning season since 2007, two region finals in the last 20+ years ('99 & '07) while prior to 99 they went to region, semi and even state finals like it was their job (especially from 88-95).

It's a very, very spread out county geographically. The overwhelming vast majority of their kids that play come from Stanford (county seat and where the school is located), while those in the other communities throughout the county have anywhere from a 20-40 minute drive.

People can say what they want denying that reality (not sure why), but that plays a large factor. Lincoln County (like many "county" schools across our state) could send the rest of the kids outside of those that live in or around ( lets say within 5-6 miles of the school) to another school and it wouldn't effect the football program one bit. They are a 5A (soon to be 4A) school, with a 1A-2A team in terms of where they draw their kids from.

Next year, though they for sure have some talent returning...starting with Yaden at QB (probably more of an ATH playing QB than a 'true' QB, but nonetheless a fantastic athlete) and Napier at RB (his dad played at Lincoln back in the mid-late 90's and was the 3A 100/200 State Track champion in his days as well) who can score anytime he touches it.

Has the county grown since 1988-1995? If not, I don't see how the county size is relevant to the lack of interest in the program.

IMO Lincoln Co Basketball has done everything they can to convince everyone in the school that LCHS is a basketball school. 🙄 It's not.

You want to get more interest in football in Lincoln? Get a new basketball coach.
FoSho Wrote:Has the county grown since 1988-1995? If not, I don't see how the county size is relevant to the lack of interest in the program.

IMO Lincoln Co Basketball has done everything they can to convince everyone in the school that LCHS is a basketball school. 🙄 It's not.

You want to get more interest in football in Lincoln? Get a new basketball coach.

Talent level and the addition of the middle school are also issues that have been a cause. Prior to 95 all of the the community schools that Lincoln still has were all k-8. All of those schools had 7/8 football teams right in their back yard. You had Hustonville, Stanford, Kings Mountain, Highland, Crab Orchard, etc all with their own 7/8th team along w 1/2, 3/4, 5/6. Along comes ONE middle school and ONE middle school program in a county that spread out? Numbers took a hit. Soccer also came along in the mid 90s.

Even before the mid 80s Lincoln had a very solid program.

The school and program have been around some 40+ years now. The first 20? K-8 schools and each had their own program (Broughtontown paired up w Crab Orchard, Waynesburg and Kings Mountain were one and the others had their own).

You don’t have to believe me on that, ask around for yourself to those within the county.

However. The part about a new basketball coach probably isn’t far off either.
I know Leffew tried to change youth football in Lincoln to be associated with each elementary school (like Chuck Smith did at Boyle) and there was some pushback.

Is that still the case?
I saw on another site that they are announcing the hire today. Any idea on who they selected?
Spencer Crutchfield from Garrard, was at Madison Central recently I think.
2 ways to overcome geography and make it more than just Stanford HS playing in 5a.
#1 Go back to having multiple community related teams playing up through 8th grade. (Rockcastle and Lincoln bot used to do this)
#2 After school 5pm activity bus back out to the communities. (Whitley used to do this, maybe still do IDK)
Iam4thecats Wrote:2 ways to overcome geography and make it more than just Stanford HS playing in 5a.
#1 Go back to having multiple community related teams playing up through 8th grade. (Rockcastle and Lincoln bot used to do this)
#2 After school 5pm activity bus back out to the communities. (Whitley used to do this, maybe still do IDK)

Right you are.

When Lincoln had one of those going on; the first half of the school and programs existance were pretty solid to say the least. They NEED to go back to that.

As for the activity bus, I know that when the Middle School first came along Marty Jaggers tried getting the district to do an activity bus in his last year or two (seeing numbers decline) to no avail. Larry French pushed hard for one as well.
FoSho Wrote:I know Leffew tried to change youth football in Lincoln to be associated with each elementary school (like Chuck Smith did at Boyle) and there was some pushback.

Is that still the case?

As far as I know there aren’t community programs at each elementary school like there was during the first 20 years of the program under Leedy, Phillips and Jaggers.

You talk to anybody associated with the program that’s been around for the long haul and they’ll all tell you that:

1) Middle school (and now there is a 6th grade center that’s beside LCMS and LCHS)

2) Community-school little leagues

Two of, if not the biggest problems And given the timeframe of when one came about and the other done away with; it’s hard to argue their effects on the program (and, not in a positive).
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:As far as I know there aren’t community programs at each elementary school like there was during the first 20 years of the program under Leedy, Phillips and Jaggers.

You talk to anybody associated with the program that’s been around for the long haul and they’ll all tell you that:

1) Middle school (and now there is a 6th grade center that’s beside LCMS and LCHS)

2) Community-school little leagues

Two of, if not the biggest problems And given the timeframe of when one came about and the other done away with; it’s hard to argue their effects on the program (and, not in a positive).

Last year Lincoln went away from "Lincoln Red", "white", "blue" and had there teams linked to elementary schools (or north/south/east/west instead). It is the way to getting interest but it isn't gunna happen overnight.
Was Crutchfield the offensive coordinator at Madison Central?
Lincoln County should go after a Corbin or Bell County assistant. Good coaches with experience in a good system. Trey Harbin, Kevin Napier, and Sam Marple would make a great hire from Bell.