Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Best School In Eastern Ky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just want to see who everyone thinks the best school is in Eastern Kentucky.
It's Either Pikeville, Belfry, Or Hazard.
Yeah, probably Pikeville.
This thread has the potential to get closed down because it could rub some people the wrong way. You need to specify what sport, or if you just mean overall, academics and athletics.
probably pikeville
Russell hands down if you include all of Eastern Ky and not just the mountains.
DevilsWin Wrote:Russell hands down if you include all of Eastern Ky and not just the mountains.

Not. Pikeville's academics are second to none in the state...
Johnson Central Middle IMO, because they have the numbers to do it and they do it. They're always competitive in athletics, and their Academic teams is also always near the top of the regional and state competitions.
jetpilot Wrote:Not. Pikeville's academics are second to none in the state...

Might want to check some scores before saying that.
Here are Russell Middle Schools State wide rankings in academic competition.

Russell-McDowell established as an Intermediate School in 1997 & Governor's Cup Regional Champions from 1997 to 2005.
RMS - Academic Team captured dist. & regional championships. Science Olympiad earned 1st & 2nd place in regionals & a top 10 finish at state. KMEA Dist. 8 Solo & Ensemble: Eleven students earned Distinguished & 4 Proficient in Solo. Three were Distinguished & 6 Proficient in Ensemble. KMEA Dist. 8 All-Dist. Band: All Bands awarded Distinguished. Thirteen students selected for honor band. KMEA Dist. 8 Chorus: Several Proficient Ratings at Solo & Ensemble Festival.
RHS - Excellence continues in academics, visual, & performing arts. Academic team finished 1st in dist. & regionals, & 5th in State Governor's Cup. The Governor's Cup Quick Recall Team finished 2nd in state. Beta Club Quiz Bowl team placed 2nd in state & 3rd in nationals. Science Olympiad team placed 1st in state. Six students participated in prestigious KY Governor's Scholar Program. In vocal music, 41 students were recognized for outstanding performances & selected All-Dist. Fifteen students received All-Dist. Band titles & 3 students All-State Band recognition. Two participated in KY Governor's School for the Arts. Orchestra includes 300 students & performed in Chicago.
OffTheHook Wrote:Might want to check some scores before saying that.

Excuse me.... as far as state scores and ACT, etc are concerned, Pikeville is the best academically in this area and near the top in the state! As far as academic competition is concerned, no.... but I thought this was an ATHLETIC forum!
PHS95 Wrote:Excuse me.... as far as state scores and ACT, etc are concerned, Pikeville is the best academically in this area and near the top in the state! As far as academic competition is concerned, no.... but I thought this was an ATHLETIC forum!

Escuse me, BUT, you are the one who brought Academics into it. Check the thread (Check Post 1 thru 7). And NO Academic Teams, IMO, doesn't mean anything as a whole for Academics in a school. And you still haven't showed me any testing results.
Close this stupid thread. The thread starter didnt even specify if the thread was about academics or sports and if he meant high school or middle school. No reason for this thread to stay open.
Here are the testing results for all Kentucky Schools. Do your own comparisons.

http://apps.kde.state.ky.us/secure_cats_...in.reports
Ok, We believe you man. Russel is superior in everything.
cig107 Wrote:Ok, We believe you man. Russel is superior in everything.

LOL we aren't #1 in everything. But Russell, With 2 L's is a very fine school. Russell is an Independent school much like Pikeville. Most independent schools do better than county schools.

Ashland Paul Blazer and Raceland are 2 other fine schools.
there are several good schools in eastern kentucky
so i rly dont know which one
that would or could recieve the title of best school in eastern ky.
Thanks Devilswin. it is true most Indy schools do better. The size of the classes are a big advantage.
Ill have to go with If...Then with Pikeville
Lawrence county? is a great school
Paintsville
of course these people are going with pikeville- they are from pikeville.
slingblade93 Wrote:Paintsville
I agree
According to an article in the medical leader (Dec.21 , 2007) Phelps and Pikeville were among the top 10 in the nation by a U.S. News and World Report. So that should answer the question. This is based on fact not opinion.
HORNET POWER Wrote:According to an article in the medical leader (Dec.21 , 2007) Phelps and Pikeville were among the top 10 in the nation by a U.S. News and World Report. So that should answer the question. This is based on fact not opinion.
Phelps?
HORNET POWER Wrote:According to an article in the medical leader (Dec.21 , 2007) Phelps and Pikeville were among the top 10 in the nation by a U.S. News and World Report. So that should answer the question. This is based on fact not opinion.
top 10 percent
What is the medical leader? A medical journal or sumthin? Can ya get a link to that article? I think that would be an interesting read. I tried to google it, and it sent me to Pikeville Medical Center's site.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Phelps?

UH..... YES!!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:What is the medical leader? A medical journal or sumthin? Can ya get a link to that article? I think that would be an interesting read. I tried to google it, and it sent me to Pikeville Medical Center's site.

You might could try this link....

www.medicalleader.org

There may be a place for you to view past stories in the paper. If not, I'm sure you can access a phone number on there for someone who could send you a paper or would know of another link....
Try this link.... should take you to the correct article....

http://www.medicalleader.org/pmc_news.html?id=2380
Pages: 1 2