Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Announcing New Coach 12:45 Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is Gillispie worthy of the throne?

q He was 70-26 in 3 seasons as head coach at Texas A&M, a program that had enjoyed 1 winning season in 11 years prior to the hiring of Gillispie.
q He resurrected UTEP in two seasons, winning the Western Athletic Conference.
q He was a solid recruiter for current Kansas head coach Bill Self, while Self was the head coach at Tulsa and Illinois. With Gillispie's assistance, Illinois landed a top 10 recruiting class in 2002.
q He is the only coach in NCAA history to coach the most improved team in college basketball in terms of wins in back-to-back seasons. UTEP & Texas A&M.
q Has a career record that is only 42 games over .500, at 100-58.

I think he's worthy. Young and energetic. I like this choice over the others (of course except Donovan, but who cares now.)
I like what JP Blevins just said... He likes having a coach that's hungry.

I couldn't agree more.
will he bring any a&m players with him
Not sure on this guy just yet I want to wait and see what he does coaching wise at Kentucky before he starts getting praised. I agree with someone else if Barnhardt didn't look at Billy Donovan and focused solely on Gillispie than I think something needs to be done about Barnhardt being Athletics Director at Kentucky.
I tell you this: he is hitting every right note at the presser & was a hit at the pep rally.
I would have to say I am extremely happy with this hire.
Pages: 1 2