Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gillispie Granted Permission to Speak to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gillispie Granted Permission to Speak to Kentucky

For Immediate Release
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Toolbox

[Image: print2.gif] [Image: email.gif]

COLLEGE STATION, Texas- Texas A&M Director of Athletics Bill Byrne was contacted by University of Kentucky Athletic Director Mitch Barnhart at 7 p.m. Thursday requesting permission to speak to Aggie basketball head coach Billy Gillispie about the head coaching position with the Wildcats.
“Coach Gillispie is one of the top coaches in the country and we certainly do not want to lose him,” Byrne stated. “At the same time, I do not want to stand in the way of any member of my department who wants to explore another option if he or she feels that is in their best interest.”
Gillispie inherited an Aggie basketball program that finished 0-16 in Big 12 regular-season play in 2003-04 and led the Aggies to the NIT in his first season and posted back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Tournament for the first time in the school’s history. Texas A&M set a school record for wins in a season with a 27-7 record in 2006-07. The Aggies posted a 13-3 record in Big 12 play to finish in second place, one game back of Big 12 champion Kansas.

This was on the Texas A&M athletics website. He will more than likely be our new head man sometime by tomorrow
This is my same worry as it was with Billy D. and Florida. If the school is quick to let them speak to there coach. They are probably thinking that there is a good chance he won't leave.
Permission and consent is only a courtesy...of course, all schools let their coaches speak to another.
BTW...When posting information from another source...YOU MUST give credit...this is copyright violation.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:BTW...When posting information from another source...YOU MUST give credit...this is copyright violation.

So I guess I screwed up then?
Well hes our coach now so I guess this one is done, screw up or not.