Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: T Mobile cell service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone in the Pikeville area use T Mobile cell service? I just switched yesterday from Cingular and I hope that I've made the right decision. T Mobile is supposed to use Cingulars and Appalachian towers so I thought that I would have more coverage but I'm not sure. My bill is also going to be a little cheaper with more minutes.
I didn't know Pikeville had T-mobile. Anyways, you might want to be careful if it's only using AT&T's and Appalachian Wireless' cell towers...you might get some roaming charges.
It's free roaming, and so far it's been ok, but I'm still unsure. I've still had service wherever cingular does, but I can't tell that I have service in areas that I didn't have before.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I didn't know Pikeville had T-mobile.

I dindt know that either.
T mobile doesn't actually have an office in pikeville and I didn't think we could use it in Pkeville either, but the salesman said we could and so far it's ok. We kept our local numbers. I'm going over to the Norton, Va area later today so I'm anxious to see if I have any service there because I never had any there with cingular.
Let us know what you find out SV. I'm interested in getting a new phone and I'm not sure what service to use. BCF4L could tell us a bunch about Appalachian Wireless and right now I have Cingular so I'd really like to see if T-Mobile combines the two here. That would be awesome service if so.
As of right now, I can't tell any difference. It tells you on the phone which towers you are using and I have used SunTel, Cingular, T Mobile, and another one that I can't remember what it is. I went to Kingsport tonight and the service was about the same as it is with Cingular. I'll just have to give it a few more days to decide if I want to keep it, I have a 2 week trial period.
If it picked up Appalachian Wireless towers then you should have awesome service almost anywhere. It sounds like the only towers that are really helping you though are the Cingular ones. If it is cheaper than Cingular then I would keep it considering you are basically getting the same service for less.
Hey dude, make sure you post on here and let us know how it works, I have been thinking about switching providers
You better make sure the saleman is being up front with you. I had a friend do this and he also thought it was going to be a good deal. He thought he had free roaming (which if you live in the eastern Ky area you will always being roaming because t-mobile doesn't have service here). However, in the fine print of the contract it said roaming was free as long as you don't spend the majority of your minutes roaming it was free. After a couple of months he was stuck with a big bill.