Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All-A shenanigans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend's tournament was literally a wash.

Rain delays shut everything down on Saturday and the plan moved to trying to get in two rounds Sunday and move the championship.

All the semi-final contenders were at the field getting ready for the second round when the last first round game went to extra innings. In the bottom of the ninth, lightning started striking and they were forced to postpone the semifinals too.

As of now, Hazard/Raceland and Beechwood/Somerset will be played Wednesday at Whitaker Bank Ballpark.

It's my understanding the championship will be at Covington Holmes Saturday.
Odd choice for the championship game site.

With those teams something on I-64/I-75 would have been better suited. Surely there would have been a team away and willing to have it.
How'd they determine the site?
That's just stupid, if Hazard and Somerset win both will travel 3 hours to play for a state championship. That's just bad business by the all A. They are crazy if they think that will not cost them money.
Hazard/ Raceland are fairly equal but somerset is a big underdog to Beechwood so i wouldn’t worry to much about a Hazard / Summerset final
Hazard vs Beechwood for the title. Finals are Sunday at 5:30, at Whitaker Park in Lexington.
Given the 4 day break between games, both teams should be able to throw their aces.
Should be a great game. They evidently tossed the Holmes idea around because they had turf and it would help prevent delays.
zaga_fan Wrote:Should be a great game. They evidently tossed the Holmes idea around because they had turf and it would help prevent delays.

Interesting.

How many teams in Kentucky typically play baseball on turf?

Holmes is one of the few that I know of (and I only learned that today).
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Interesting.

Beechwood has field turf
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Interesting.

Pikeville has turf
I think Knott Central has turf infield. St. X has turf I believe.
Does Lexington Catholic have turf?