Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If Not Donovan, Then Who???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will be UK coach now that Donovan has reportedly said no?

Texas' Rick Barnes.
Michigan State's Tom Izzo
Marquette's Tom Crean
Texas A&M's Billy Gillispie
Gonzaga's Mark Few

Anyone else?
Few gets my vote
I dont like the last three you have up there JJ
Cant forget about oh whats his name that coaches the Suns. LOL just didnt want to spell it. lol
Batpuff Wrote:I dont like the last three you have up there JJ
What has Rick Barnes done that makes him so great? Besides going out the second round this year with the best player in the country
Mark Few has proven he can recruitand win at Gonzaga, God knows what he could do at KY.
He plays exciting basketball and can recruit. Just like Ricky P and Billy D. they have won the national title every year and had some of the better players in the country.
The sad thing is the only way to heal Big Blue Nation was to steal Donovan away from Florida. He was the only candidate that any Wildcat fan (Tubby Hater or Supporter) would fully get behind. Now, that's apparently not going to happen,.

So those who thought booting Tubby was a great idea because "they knew" Donovan was coming are reaping what they sowed and I bet somewhere Tubby is laughing about this. JMO.

We boot Tubby and tell us what we've won Bob..."Tom Crean!!!"

Sad day for us.
Like I have said in another thread they get tom crean and i will stop watching UK basketball.
Barnhardt's job is on the line with this hire. If he brings in someone who doesnt get the job time soon they will both get booted together. Mitch better really think about this before he brings in Crean or Brey. He better atleast get a big name.
Jammin Jammie who do you feel they will hire?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Jammin Jammie who do you feel they will hire?

I have no clue. Like I said yesterday, I felt like Donovan was coming. Everything everyone has heard just pointed to Lexington. I'm really surprised.

This is a crushing blow to the University and they try to reclaim their title as basketball king. When you can't steal away a winning coach from a football school with a new basketball practice facility, an NBA sized arena and a vibrate fan base...What's going on?

Mitch Barnhardt's seat has suddenly gotten warmer today.
Well apparently they didnt match the bid of florida.
Why not go after Donnie jones our selves instead of letting Marshall get him.
Hey what about going after John Calipari and stealing him away from the Tigers.
Who do ya think will be the next coach at UK? After Billy Donovan unoffically is signing a contract extension with Florida.
Who knows.
Calipari said he wasn't interested and from the report Florida hasn't even made much of an offer yet they're planning on working on a deal when he gets back from vacation.
Billy Donovan extension was unofficial. So you cannot rule him out yet.
To bad its not Hurricane season in the Atlantic right now.
Yes you can.
I really like Rick Barnes. He has prooved repeatedly that he can recruit. For Example, Larmarcus Aldridge, Kevin Durant, A.J. Abrams, D.J. Augustine, T.J. Ford, etc.

Another good choice would be Billy Gillespie. He has turned alright players into really good players. For Example, Acie Law III.

But this Donovan thing has absolutley killed me, I'm glad its over.
Rick Barnes but I hope UK talks to Jay Wright
Batpuff Wrote:Hey what about going after John Calipari and stealing him away from the Tigers.

Calipari signed a new extension to stay in Memphis just after Tubby left.
Batpuff Wrote:Well apparently they didnt match the bid of florida.

Maybe it's what I said yesterday. Maybe Donovan likes not having the pressure of Kentucky and being a basketball school. He's not the "marked man" in the swamp. Urban Meyer is. Donovan must like staying in the shadows and not dealing with the challenge of leading a basketball school to a title.

Donovan has turned the Florida program into a proven winner, and built it from the swamp up. It would be a shame if the Florida AD doesn't make a solid committment to Donovan for staying and make improvements to the O'Connell Center and practice facilities.
CatsPause.com is FREAKING out right now! They just broke a record of most people online at once. 14,167 and climbing.
Rick Barnes will be the man...
Calipari never accepted the Extension to Memphis so here is my top 5.

1. John Calipari
2. Billy Gillespie
3. Rick Pitino
4. John Pelphry
5. Rick Barnes/ Tom Izzo
jammin' jamey Wrote:Rick Barnes will be the man...

Yep, ESPN Radio just said Rick Barnes is the next coach in line for the job.
Batpuff Wrote:Like I have said in another thread they get tom crean and i will stop watching UK basketball.

Same here Batpuff, same here. I was actually getting ready to post something similar to this.
Pages: 1 2