Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bye Bye Billy!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Donovan plans to stay put, but ...

He seems to leave door open for UK

ATLANTA --

Billy Donovan intends to remain Florida's coach, but he didn't rule out considering an offer to move to Kentucky.That's how Donovan responded to questions about the vacant Kentucky job the day after guiding Florida to a second straight national championship.
"I love the University of Florida," Donovan said at a news conference yesterday morning. "I hope (Director of Athletics) Jeremy Foley will have me back."

http://www.kentucky.com/615/story/33788.html
If Billy D. has already decided to stay at
Florida, I hope that he has contacted MB
and let him know. I am sure that Donovan is
feeling a lot of intertwined emotions right
now: the sweetness of winning another title,
the exuberance of players and fans, but the
number greeting them in Gainesville was in
the hundreds...when the football team came
home from the desert, the number was up in
the thousands... If Billy D. simply wants
more money from Florida and has no interest
in the UK job, he should have already said
that so UK can get on with the search. My
guess is that he is really conflicted about
it all.
I don't know but I am starting to get the feeling that he isn't coming. If that is the case he needs to let UK ASAP!
There is a NetJet scheduled to arrive at 1:00 today in Lexington from Gainesville. The jet arrived in Gainesville from Atlanta. I know Billy has to be at Marshall tonight, but could he be stopping here to talk to Mitch first???
Donovan has still yet to say that he won't take the job. I'm not sure this thread should be title "Bye Bye Billy"

It's the same stuff he's been saying all along. He's dodging it until he can get a chance to talk to someone from UK.
venom93 Wrote:There is a NetJet scheduled to arrive at 1:00 today in Lexington from Gainesville. The jet arrived in Gainesville from Atlanta. I know Billy has to be at Marshall tonight, but could he be stopping here to talk to Mitch first???
Venom how ddid you know about this.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA816

This is the link to the airline. I've been on top of this all morning. Smile
Today may be the day to hang out at the airport!!
That's what I was going to say. I just wonder how many people have had access to that site, and will now show up at the airport waiting for the plane to arrive? Anyone have any idea what time Billy D is supposed to talk with Marshall?
I think the thing at Marshall is scheduled for later in the eveining. 7 seems to come to mind.

If people go to the airport, they need to go hang out at the back entrance for private aircraft. I dont think Billy will be paraded out front.
Then again, the flight is scheduled to go to NY after it leaves Lexington.
Just saw on WKYT news the Memphis Grizzlies are offering him over 5 million a year
BCF4L Wrote:That's what I was going to say. I just wonder how many people have had access to that site, and will now show up at the airport waiting for the plane to arrive? Anyone have any idea what time Billy D is supposed to talk with Marshall?

He is coming to speak to the "Big Green" association for their annual dinner. It starts at 7, but it is invite only. I'll be there, and I'm tempted to drop down on my knees and beg him to go to UK. But, I'd probably embarrass my boyfriend and his father....lol. I heard the news say something about covering something at 4 but I could be totally wrong.
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:He is coming to speak to the "Big Green" association for their annual dinner. It starts at 7, but it is invite only. I'll be there, and I'm tempted to drop down on my knees and beg him to go to UK. But, I'd probably embarrass my boyfriend and his father....lol. I heard the news say something about covering something at 4 but I could be totally wrong.
Don't worry about them. I say do what ya gotta do. Smile
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:He is coming to speak to the "Big Green" association for their annual dinner. It starts at 7, but it is invite only. I'll be there, and I'm tempted to drop down on my knees and beg him to go to UK. But, I'd probably embarrass my boyfriend and his father....lol. I heard the news say something about covering something at 4 but I could be totally wrong.
You may wanna think twice about that too if you have a boyfriend. SmileSmile:p
No offense to some of you, but Kentucky Basketball is bigger than one person. Billy Donovan is not bigger than Kentucky Basketball but some of you are making fans look absolutely pathetic by saying you'd drop to your knees and beg among other things such as following planes and whatnot.
alfus21 Wrote:No offense to some of you, but Kentucky Basketball is bigger than one person. Billy Donovan is not bigger than Kentucky Basketball but some of you are making fans look absolutely pathetic by saying you'd drop to your knees and beg among other things such as following planes and whatnot.

Well I think they were just making light of the situation.

I think we should start a poll to see who hires a coach first. Marshall - WVU or UK!!
Batpuff Wrote:Well I think they were just making light of the situation.

I think we should start a poll to see who hires a coach first. Marshall - WVU or UK!!

We should probably throw Arkansas into that poll also!! Depending on what hour it is, they might have one though.
alfus21 Wrote:No offense to some of you, but Kentucky Basketball is bigger than one person. Billy Donovan is not bigger than Kentucky Basketball but some of you are making fans look absolutely pathetic by saying you'd drop to your knees and beg among other things such as following planes and whatnot.

HMMMM...sounds like someone doesn't have a sense of humor. I was making light of the situation....glad some people can realize that. I just want a good coach for my favorite team. But I guess you'd be glad to know I did not get on my knees and beg so I'm apparently not as pathetic as you think I am. :moon:
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:HMMMM...sounds like someone doesn't have a sense of humor. I was making light of the situation....glad some people can realize that. I just want a good coach for my favorite team. But I guess you'd be glad to know I did not get on my knees and beg so I'm apparently not as pathetic as you think I am. :moon:

Hard to judge a sense of humor right now with the way many fans are acting. People have been getting a little too serious about this coaching search and Billy Donovan, not as much on this site but others, and it is making the fan base appear to be absolutely ridiculous.