Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Rockcastle County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im hearing coach Benny Blanton has steped down as HC at Rock after 13 seasons. He has won 1 District title as head coach (2009), and was 12th region coach of the year in 2016.
Rumor Has It.... The job was offered to a Laurel Co legend a couple of weeks ago, he turned it down. I have also heard that Jon Bentley is likely the front runner.
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor Has It.... The job was offered to a Laurel Co legend a couple of weeks ago, he turned it down. I have also heard that Jon Bentley is likely the front runner.

Have not heard Bentleys name yet, but he was an assistant at Rock back in 2004
Don't Count the Old Diamond out just yet! Is it time to SHINE?!! BANG DDE
I think this is one of the more underrated jobs in the state. This is a region that is good but a realistic chance to win it. Coach Blanton did a decent job, but wasn't half the coach of Coach Cash. As a guy who watches a lot of high school basketball I think Rockcastle has had some solid players but underachieved. Again I honestly do feel this is an underrated job and had potential to do some nice things.