Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central vs Hazard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think PCC might have this one, what does everybody else think?

Who else is throwing this year for Hazard? I know they have the Morris boy, but is anybody else throwing for them?
Do both coaches throw their stud to get a big win in the rivalry game? Or do they keep them hidden for the district tournament?
Game is a tossup. I don't see either team throwing their ace during regular season. JMO

Go Dawgs!
If this game is Cottongame (Perry) vs Morris (Hazard) it will be a great one.
I'll take Perry 3-1

If this game is Turner (Perry) vs Morris (Hazard)
I'll take Hazard 5-3

If this game is Turner or Cottongame vs anyone else from Hazard
I'll take Perry 8-2
The Dogfather Wrote:Game is a tossup. I don't see either team throwing their ace during regular season. JMO

Go Dawgs!

I agree with you. I'd imagine both would not throw aces until post-season
With Hazard having All A sectional against Williamsburg Friday, I would not think Morris pitches any, maybe inning or so

Should be good game, both teams have a lot of talent and both are very well coached
It's a rivalry game. I wouldn't put much stock in it either way. I think Perry Central wins today 6-2.

Hazard was defending regional champions in 2015, beat Perry Central twice in the regular season, lost 3-2 in opening game of the district.

2016 Hazard 3-1 win, Perry Central wins district championship 9-5 over Hazard, loses to the Bulldogs 3-2 in regional finals.

2017 Split regular season. Hazard wins 4-2 and 4-3 in district and regional finals.

If these two don't draw each other first round of the district, and it doesn't rain them out 5/1, be hard to argue that they won't play 3 more times this season after today.
PCC got the win 6-4
Cottongame pitched a complete game after giving up four runs in the first. Shut out baseball the rest of the way out for the Commodores.

Bailey Blair started for the Bulldogs and gave up one run through 5 2/3 innings. They pulled him and put in Morris with the bases loaded to try to get them out of a jam. He walked two across home plate and they gave up three RBIs. Blair was inserted back into the game and got the remaining outs, but they didn't score again.
How hard was Cottongame, Morris, and Blair throwing for the Cleveland Scouts?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:How hard was Cottongame, Morris, and Blair throwing for the Cleveland Scouts?

Cottongame was throwing around 90 at times.

There were three pro scouts there. At least one from Cleveland and one guy from the Phillies.

They didn't radar Blair much outside the first couple innings and I didn't get to ask them about anything Morris did because it was crunch time at that point.