Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 10, Estill County 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Irvine.
Powell did not play it's best game. Multiple errors on three different double play balls. Their pitcher's walked and hit too many batters. Cannot give teams free rides and expect to win games. Even with the negatives, Powell put the bat on the ball and figured out how to score. And side note...Nate Skidmore can sling a baseball. I've not seen anything like it from a Powell Pitcher in a while.
I was not able to be at the game, but did get to watch it on WBONTV.com. Both teams played a sloppy game from what I could tell. From what I gathered, Estill game up 10 runs, 7 of which were unearned runs. You cannot win games while giving up 7 unearned runs. They also struck out 10 times I believe. It was amazing to me that the score was within 2 runs in the 5th inning as bad as Estill played.
Estill definitely has a bright future ahead of them. Rocky Hix is a player. Coach Crowe will have those boys lined out come district time. As for Powell, they have to find a solution to take care of the baseball on defense. Coach Spencer needs to make some decisions and get that cleaned up ASAP.
If I am not mistaken, Estill started 4 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores, 2 Juniors and only 1 Senior. If so, look out for the Engineers in a year or two.