Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spring Break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What did your school's team do for spring break?

Do you like what they do or have any changes you'd like to see?

I saw a lot of scores where teams from KY went to Myrtle Beach and played other teams from KY.

Other teams went to FL and did the same thing.
McCracken County at Fort Walton. Competition not very good.

Apr 1, 18 Reavis (Burbank), IL at Fort Walton Beach, FL (W) 17 - 1 Fort Walton Beach Bash
(5 innings)
Apr 2, 18 Navarre, FL at Fort Walton Beach, FL (W) 8 - 1 Fort Walton Beach Bash
Apr 4, 18 Choctawhatchee (Fort Walton Beach), FL at Fort Walton Beach, FL (W) 5 - 3 Fort Walton Beach Bash
Apr 5, 18 Madison, OH at Fort Walton Beach, FL (W) 14 - 2 Fort Walton Beach Bash
Apr 6, 18 DuPont Manual at Fort Walton Beach, FL (W) 8 - 2 Fort Walton Beach Bash
Explorer Wrote:What did your school's team do for spring break?

Do you like what they do or have any changes you'd like to see?

I saw a lot of scores where teams from KY went to Myrtle Beach and played other teams from KY.

Other teams went to FL and did the same thing.

1. Great WEATHER
2. Opportunity to build TEAM CHEMISTRY --- nothing to do but baseball
3. Opportunity to hold players RESPONSIBLE without any assistance from an adult possibly for the first time in their lives. Correct uniform, socks, belt, cap, etc. at games/practices. Be on time.
4. You can practice and play as often as you want. Access to the players. No excuses for not knowing about practice, couldn't get a ride, decided to go to another even, etc.

Other than the money invested for a week of baseball (I'm going to guess $13-25k depending on how long you stay, the venue, transportation means, places you decide to feed the team, and tourist attractions you take the boys on) it's a great opportunity to get your team better.
Wish we had the opportunity to play in Florida back when I played.