Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 10 - Allen Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good game for the Pirates. Hitting is coming along just fine. Benningfield threw an exellent game. No hitter with 3 walks. I guess this Allen Central team wasnt the same that beat Pikeville, because I dont see how they did....even with their "ace" on the mound.
Godspeed Wrote:Good game for the Pirates. Hitting is coming along just fine. Benningfield threw an exellent game. No hitter with 3 walks. I guess this Allen Central team wasnt the same that beat Pikeville, because I dont see how they did....even with their "ace" on the mound.

With a young and inexperienced squad, that's usually what you get -- one day your team will have signs of being very good and the next you will look like you've never played a game. Who started this game for AC on the hill?

Also, AC's ace could shut down about any team in east KY when he's on. He's one of the top players around this season. If they rest of the staff can give some quality innings, then this AC team has a chance to be very competitive by season's end. These young players have some good talent, if only they keep their heads about them and keep playing hard. We'll have to see.

Congrats to Benningfield on a well-pitched game. I imagine he is Powell's ace this season.
Powell County is no slouch. AC would have had to have played nearly perfect ball, IMO, if they were wanting to beat them. Yes, when Little is on the mound, AC can be very good. And if their young talent continues to learn and gain some varsity experience, they will be competitve. Good win, Pirates. Keep working hard, AC! I know you'll be just fine.
Pacman Wrote:With a young and inexperienced squad, that's usually what you get -- one day your team will have signs of being very good and the next you will look like you've never played a game. Who started this game for AC on the hill?

Also, AC's ace could shut down about any team in east KY when he's on. He's one of the top players around this season. If they rest of the staff can give some quality innings, then this AC team has a chance to be very competitive by season's end. These young players have some good talent, if only they keep their heads about them and keep playing hard. We'll have to see.

Congrats to Benningfield on a well-pitched game. I imagine he is Powell's ace this season.
Its up and down between Benningfield and Brewer. They are both quality pitchers and are about even in my opinion. Brewer just throws a little bit harder.
Congrats Powell
Pacman Wrote:With a young and inexperienced squad, that's usually what you get -- one day your team will have signs of being very good and the next you will look like you've never played a game. Who started this game for AC on the hill?

Senior John Bryant started on the mound for AC. As far as I can remember this was Bryant's first Varsity start on the mound.
wow
He didnt look like he had much experience.
I think that Benningfield has gotten a lot stronger this year. He looked very good so far this year each time he has pitched. He is surely Powell's ace!
I hope since this is his Senior year that he rocks non-stop! Next year will not be the same without him but there will be one lucky college that will welcome him on and I'm sure that Powell will prepare for his leaving the team with graduation. As all Seniors will be missed.
There is a lot of talent at Powell...best of luck and for Field..."ENJOY...and thank you for helping to bring the hardware to Powell county"!

Good Luck !