Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Week 2 13th Region Baseball Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When ranking, look at pitching depth, offensive production and strength of schedule through two weeks.
1. Knox Central - 3 very solid pitchers and defending Champs.
2. Corbin- 2 solid pitchers and maybe the best defensive team in region. Not a great offensive team..
3. Whitley Co. - average just a little over 8 runs per game. Maybe the best offensive team in region. Time will tell!
4. North Laurel - will start catching there stride once basketball players get in baseball mode. Maybe the team to beat come Region time!
5. Clay Co- solid pitching and hitting will catch up soon.
6. South Laurel- Coach Smith still finding his groove and playing a strong schedule.
7. Williamsburg, Jackson Co. Middlesboro, Barbourville and Harlan Co. Week 5 will start to see separation with these teams
Bobcat4years Wrote:When ranking, look at pitching depth, offensive production and strength of schedule through two weeks.
2. Corbin- 2 solid pitchers and maybe the best defensive team in region. Not a great offensive team..
3. Whitley Co. - average just a little over 8 runs per game. Maybe the best offensive team in region. Time will tell!
4. North Laurel - will start catching there stride once basketball players get in baseball mode. Maybe the team to beat come Region time!
6. South Laurel- Coach Smith still finding his groove and playing a strong schedule.
7. Williamsburg, Jackson Co. Middlesboro, Barbourville and Harlan Co. Week 5 will start to see separation with these teams

So Whitley Co is already exceeding expectations is what i see from this. Can someone in the know tell me the climate around WC Baseball so far and how Shopes attitude and work ethic are percieved by his players, parents, admin etc.... Thanks
Bobcat4years Wrote:When ranking, look at pitching depth, offensive production and strength of schedule through two weeks.

I think this is a good list and everyone is ranked where they deserve to be. I think you're wrong about Corbin's offense though. In the game against know they had a lot of runners in scoring position, they just couldn't really finish it and put runs up. I think that'll get better as the year goes on. They'll be pretty good offensively come tournament time.
Gunslinger Wrote:So Whitley Co is already exceeding expectations is what i see from this. Can someone in the know tell me the climate around WC Baseball so far and how Shopes attitude and work ethic are percieved by his players, parents, admin etc.... Thanks

As i said before, hes Whitleys first baseball coach in school history. That's not a joke.
I believe Corbin has the ability to have a potent offense when you have a SEC D1 player and a returning player getting healthy from knee issues that can go yard at every at bat. (trying to not mention kid's names) You have a large roster w/ a lot of young talent that will find their bats soon.

I think this year more than most will be very exciting as we have a lot of talent spread out amongst the region.
baller1989 Wrote:I believe Corbin has the ability to have a potent offense when you have a SEC D1 player and a returning player getting healthy from knee issues that can go yard at every at bat. (trying to not mention kid's names) You have a large roster w/ a lot of young talent that will find their bats soon.

I think this year more than most will be very exciting as we have a lot of talent spread out amongst the region.

Yes your half right, but we have five kids that have homered numerous times this year but the coaching staff has them trying to chop wood right now instead of hitting. It’s pathetic have a sweet 16 team that is questioning there hitting at this point of the season, luckily our gloves are good enough to keep,us in games right now. If we don’t hire a hitting coach we will be out first round of region. Like the past couple years. This is my favorite time of the year and I am ready for football cause Haddix surrounds himself with coaches that know other stuff, not the case with baseball. Our coaches made the comment that we are out front of everything, and only one kid pulled a ball tonight against mediocre pitching. Sad day when your pissed after a win, and that is collective from nine starters parents. Moral is down because of guessing at plate, dh a stud because we wanted to start a senior. The ship is sinking if they don’t make changes now. May see a lot of transfers after senior year of football, but luckily Corbin has 43 players and may not return a starter from this year and we will only loose 2 true starters that are seniors.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Yes your half right, but we have five kids that have homered numerous times this year but the coaching staff has them trying to chop wood right now instead of hitting. It’s pathetic have a sweet 16 team that is questioning there hitting at this point of the season, luckily our gloves are good enough to keep,us in games right now. If we don’t hire a hitting coach we will be out first round of region. Like the past couple years. This is my favorite time of the year and I am ready for football cause Haddix surrounds himself with coaches that know other stuff, not the case with baseball. Our coaches made the comment that we are out front of everything, and only one kid pulled a ball tonight against mediocre pitching. Sad day when your pissed after a win, and that is collective from nine starters parents. Moral is down because of guessing at plate, dh a stud because we wanted to start a senior. The ship is sinking if they don’t make changes now. May see a lot of transfers after senior year of football, but luckily Corbin has 43 players and may not return a starter from this year and we will only loose 2 true starters that are seniors.

Dh is a stud and dint play field cause we wanted to play a senior is what I was trying to say in line 8
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Yes your half right, but we have five kids that have homered numerous times this year but the coaching staff has them trying to chop wood right now instead of hitting. It’s pathetic have a sweet 16 team that is questioning there hitting at this point of the season, luckily our gloves are good enough to keep,us in games right now. If we don’t hire a hitting coach we will be out first round of region. Like the past couple years. This is my favorite time of the year and I am ready for football cause Haddix surrounds himself with coaches that know other stuff, not the case with baseball. Our coaches made the comment that we are out front of everything, and only one kid pulled a ball tonight against mediocre pitching. Sad day when your pissed after a win, and that is collective from nine starters parents. Moral is down because of guessing at plate, dh a stud because we wanted to start a senior. The ship is sinking if they don’t make changes now. May see a lot of transfers after senior year of football, but luckily Corbin has 43 players and may not return a starter from this year and we will only loose 2 true starters that are seniors.

I kind of miss the days when Corbin could manufacture runs under the tutelage of Sawyers, Garmon and Ledington. Maybe the bats will get going soon.
baller1989 Wrote:I believe Corbin has the ability to have a potent offense when you have a SEC D1 player and a returning player getting healthy from knee issues that can go yard at every at bat. (trying to not mention kid's names) You have a large roster w/ a lot of young talent that will find their bats soon.

Guys, it's okay to mention names when talking the games or stats.
We just prefer to leave them out when it comes to negative coverage or disciplinary problems.
[quote=The Outsider]I kind of miss the days when Corbin could manufacture runs under the tutelage of Sawyers, Garmon and Ledington. Maybe the bats will get going soon.[/QUOT

Coach G is all time first class in my book.
Looks like all of our teams are doing well during spring break