Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can !You Believe What's Happening In The Fifth Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually, pretty rain is what's happening but I thought a new catchy title may bring more participation. So, while you are already here, you may as well comment.

With all the rain, it's hard to get a good picture of how teams stack up but we've gotten at least a little hint. Here's how an old gray head sees it:

TOP TIER - Central Hardin and Marion County:

Both teams undefeated but have only played twice. CH has played the more challenging games thus far against Butler and Larue County. Marion beat Nelson Co. and Bardstown. Week 3 should be interesting for both teams. CH is staying in KY for Spring Break but has Logan and Rockcastle on their schedule. The CH-Logan game should tell us something. I'm planning to be there. Marion is traveling to Dodgertown for 4 games, including games against very good teams from New York and Ohio and one against Greenup Co. at the end of the week. If they can gain a split they'd have to call that a big success.

JUST BELOW - Elizabethtown, North Hardin and Washington County:

WASHINGTON COUNTY appears to be better than I first thought. At 3-0, they are headed to Ft. Walton Beach this week. They've sure been scoring a lot of runs and the win over Danville was an eye-catcher. Will be interesting to see how they handle Owensboro Catholic and Fern Creek this week. ELIZABETHTOWN showed they are a tier above most of the rest with big wins over Taylor County and Grayson County in the Green Co. Wooden Bat Classic yesterday. I still think North Hardin belongs here. They've won they two games they should have and lost to Meade, as expected. They are in Panama City this week.

MIDDLE TIER - Larue County, Taylor County and Nelson County (when McGill is pitching):

Nelson will be competitive against anyone, but only when McGill pitches. I'll bet that proves to be the case for them this week at Ft. Walton. Taylor was 4-0 against pretty weak teams then got drilled yesterday by Elizabethtown and Southern. Their lack of pitching depth will keep raising its head. Although LaRue County is 1-2, losses to CH and Fern Creek is nothing to get too worried about and beating South Warren was a good one. They are probably better than Taylor and Nelson and may be should be a tier higher.

HITTERS TO WATCH: From what I can tell, the following is the list of hitters who are still hitting over .550 after the first two weeks:

Landon Taylor (Washington Co.); Trenton Thomas (North Hardin); Mason Carter (Adair Co.); Luke Thomas (Marion Co.); Kelly Mattingly (Marion Co.); Travis Wiser (Marion Co.); Austin Heideman (Central Hardin); Cameron Kosid (Taylor Co.).

HAPPY EASTER!
Look out for Washington Co