Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Billy D. Rumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am passing this on as simply a rumor I heard. However the person I heard it from should have direct info. on this.....

Billy D. called John P. and told him if he got (John P.) got offered a head coaching job somewhere in the next few days to hold off on that---somethin involving them working together again "might" be in the works.

I'm not sayin Donovan's accepted the job--but the impression this person had was that he was seriously considering it and was contemplating who his assisstants would be.

I normally don't believe rumors I hear----however the person I heard it directly from is always dead on with any info. regarding UK bball.
Just more rumors dude.I saw the espn interveiw and read the boy wonder [Billy D] as staying in the Flyordy heat man.He has real close friends the ,his wife has got family living there now.They are super happy there.I will say one thing.By talking to UK about what they offer.Will get him big bucks from the southern brothers of the SEC teams,FL
Then why would he (Donovan) call Pelphrey and say that? I'm tellin you you can take what this person told me to the bank. If he says a phone call was made a phone call was made dude!
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Then why would he (Donovan) call Pelphrey and say that? I'm tellin you you can take what this person told me to the bank. If he says a phone call was made a phone call was made dude!

Somebodys awful sensitive
Everyone has said "you can take what this person told me..." What makes your "name" any different? I'm not saying you're lying, because I heard the same thing as well, but right now, with all that is being spread, it's kind of hard for me to believe anything anymore.
Believe it ---don't believe it. Whatever you want to do.... But everything my source has ever told me has turned out to be true..Guess time will only tell. I realize there are a lot of rumors going around....but this one happens to be true!
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Believe it ---don't believe it. Whatever you want to do.... But everything my source has ever told me has turned out to be true..Guess time will only tell. I realize there are a lot of rumors going around....but this one happens to be true!
I heard the exact same thing roughly 5 minutes before I read your post. I guess if I hear it from 2 different sources, there has to be some sort of truth behind it. I hope both sources are right!!!!!:confused:
firetubbyplease! Wrote:I am passing this on as simply a rumor I heard. However the person I heard it from should have direct info. on this.....

Billy D. called John P. and told him if he got (John P.) got offered a head coaching job somewhere in the next few days to hold off on that---somethin involving them working together again "might" be in the works.

I'm not sayin Donovan's accepted the job--but the impression this person had was that he was seriously considering it and was contemplating who his assisstants would be.

I normally don't believe rumors I hear----however the person I heard it directly from is always dead on with any info. regarding UK bball.

Is John Pelphrey one of your sources? If not, I'd be worried about the veracity of this one.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Is John Pelphrey one of your sources? If not, I'd be worried about the veracity of this one.
I have talked to a close relative of JP's and there has been a phone call made.
A few of us here at BGR do have connections with family members of John Pelphrey. I won't say who nor how but I KNOW that there is more than one person here that talks to relatives of his.
I spoke with a Pelphrey relative Saturday and a phone call was made. If anyone just watched the ESPN segment on Billy Donovan he said he wasn't interested in creating his own legacy. He said he got into coaching basketball because he loved the game. Digger Phelps said he should take the job and so did everyone else but Dicky V.
Dick Vitale hates UK basketball, plain and simple. He doesn't want us to have anyone who will turn out season around.
The annoucement will be Thursday that he is coming to Lexington with Pelfrey as an assistant you heard it here first
maybe he called because he wanted John to have a shot at the head coaching job at UK..
In time I believe John Pelphrey will be leading the Wildcats. Billy will come long enough to get UK back on its feet and back to the basketball we all grew up watching. Then, after Issah Thomas' contract is up with the Knicks Billy will take that job, leaving Pelphrey in prime position to take over.
GRIZZ Wrote:In time I believe John Pelphrey will be leading the Wildcats. Billy will come long enough to get UK back on its feet and back to the basketball we all grew up watching. Then, after Issah Thomas' contract is up with the Knicks Billy will take that job, leaving Pelphrey in prime position to take over.

I agree that Pelphrey will most likely coach the Cats someday. I think he is on the rise as a coach, and I think most of us from around here would love the idea of a good ol', true-blue Kentucky guy from the mountains leading our team. Talk about being somebody's dream job!
go cats.
I heard the same rumor from someone who know's the Pelphrey family, but SI has a report that Billy D. says he is content as a Gator and hasen't discussed the opening at UK.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:I am passing this on as simply a rumor I heard. However the person I heard it from should have direct info. on this.....

You state you're passing this along as just a rumor, yet in post #6 you state it as a fact.
Which is it a rumor or a fact.
I believe there was a phone call made. As a matter of fact they talk about 3 times weekly, but as far as John coming to UK as an assistant coach I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think UK pays it's assistant's enough for John to give up a 6 figure salary to become an assistant coach again. The name of the game for John is to win at where he is and to move on to a school in a better basketball conference. Your source may have been pretty reliable in the past but I'll bet he's wrong on this one.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I heard the same rumor from someone who know's the Pelphrey family, but SI has a report that Billy D. says he is content as a Gator and hasen't discussed the opening at UK.
Why would he tell SI if he made a PRIVATE phone call to John Leslie?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Why would he tell SI if he made a PRIVATE phone call to John Leslie?

"I heard the same rumor from someone who know's the Pelphrey family, but SI has a report that Billy D. says he is content as a Gator and hasen't discussed the opening at UK."

He didnt tell SI. I didnt say he told SI. I just stated the only "fact" in writting I've seen is that SI has reported ( I read this ) that Billy D. syas he is content as a Gator...
Sorry if it was confusing.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:I heard the same rumor from someone who know's the Pelphrey family, but SI has a report that Billy D. says he is content as a Gator and hasen't discussed the opening at UK.
he probably hasnt discussed it with UK , but his agent thats another story
thetribe Wrote:Dick Vitale hates UK basketball, plain and simple. He doesn't want us to have anyone who will turn out season around.
your crazy. dicky v is always talkin good about UK
We were talking about it in my business class with my professor of all people, and we all said you could bring in a trained monkey to do a better job than Tubby, but Billy D's just playing it off to get more money.
Dick Vitale is still mad because Tubby left, he said KY fans are crazy for running off Tubby. Fact is, if it was the Duke or Carolina job open, he would be saying Billy would be crazy for not leaving Florida.
bizmark Wrote:your crazy. dicky v is always talkin good about UK

Ol' Dicky V has been talking smack about UK's fans since Tubby left... Dick is for Duke and that's all there is to it my friend.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Then why would he (Donovan) call Pelphrey and say that? I'm tellin you you can take what this person told me to the bank. If he says a phone call was made a phone call was made dude!

Do you still believe a call was made? Donavan is staying at Florida and Pelphrey is interviewing at Arkansas