Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rival is BACK! Hounds vs Birds '19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Corbin and South Laurel agreed to play each other in 2019 and 2020. #TakeOver

:rockon:
Wow. Emergency room afternoon for the Cards. What a matchup. 50-0 Hounds
CoachWMills Wrote:Corbin and South Laurel agreed to play each other in 2019 and 2020. #TakeOver

:rockon:

Sounds like a recruiting tool for Corbin.
:pondering: Very close drive for me.
wow what interesting surpise of supsense
Who is South replacing on Corbins schedule?
Seems south would be a downgrade on the schedule if you replace any team with them. Although corbins district will be a little tougher than before
I don't love the move. Like I said in another thread, a running clock at halftime doesn't really help anyone.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I don't love the move. Like I said in another thread, a running clock at halftime doesn't really help anyone.

The Diamond says you need to be worried about the 1st game this year, not a game that doesn't take place until 2019. You can't predict the future, or can you? Beside, you will have a new head coach by then. BANG!! DDE
This great for everyone involved. Everyone been asking when this would happened and now here it is. Great for the area.
It's called a Guarantee Game. Like UK playing EKU. Corbin needs the money! #Takeover
This is a very smart financial decision by both schools. The gate will be good and the travel cost will be minimal, plus the South Laurel coach seems to have them improving on the field. With the expected budget cuts that are coming, school systems are going to have to make a lot of cost saving moves.
CoachWMills Wrote:It's called a Guarantee Game. Like UK playing EKU. Corbin needs the money! #Takeover

I like it. Instead hosting individual recruits, Corbin went ahead and scheduled a whole team to host. BANG! DDE
Don't Hate! You have a chance now to show them that they are better off staying home than crossing the railroad track. Coach em up!
CoachWMills Wrote:Don't Hate! You have a chance now to show them that they are better off staying home than crossing the railroad track. Coach em up!

I will if they want to shoot the roundball at Whitley! #DiamondDust BANG!! DDE
GreysHeadline Wrote:I will if they want to shoot the roundball at Whitley! #DiamondDust BANG!! DDE

You have completely went off your rocker. Corbin doesn't have to recruit, players just want to Win! Sounds like you better work on you Roundball game rather trying to jump into a Pigskin Game.
Makes for an even better game. Players that couldn't make it at South trying to get on the field goal block team just to say they beat South. #takeover
I for one don't like this game. We gain nothing other than some additional funds, which given the way our varsity club has performed, we don't need that either. It's a lose/lose game. When we win, its oh well we beat the snot out of south laurel... GOOD JOB. God forbid if we had a close game. We'd never hear the end of how south laurel played us close and blah blah blah. It'd be worse than the Corbin recruits morons/trolls. Like the ones in this thread...... I'm still waiting on any shred of evidence, which no one has ever given. They just cant stand that kids want to go to a school that wins, and a better school. Oh wait, now they'll call us arrogant for that comment. I might as well just say we suck, we're garbage, and we recruit and still cant do anything just to get them to shut up. But I know it eats at them so much that they have to get on the internet and proclaim their opinions as facts, so I cant do that.
People that complain about recruiting are generally people that are associated with unsuccessful programs.

Just sayin.
Corbin needs to step up and schedule Hazard. Be better than South.
FoSho Wrote:People that complain about recruiting are generally people that are associated with unsuccessful programs.

Just sayin.

He’s right you know^.

As for this game, don’t love it don’t hate it. With a tougher district, you’re not gonna be able to play an out of district schedule like years past having Knox and Wayne on the schedule (and the other teams.. sorry it’s late and can’t remember top of my head). So you schedule a game against someone who’s probably talent wise like the teams in your old district (McCreary, Bell, Jackson). It’s local, should draw a good gate. Depending on where it is on the schedule, should be a good tune up game to make sure everyone’s healthy and get any kinks worked out before district schedule.
I don't think CORBIN is scared to play anyone if you look at the last few years schedules.
The 19/20 schedule will be just as challenging and will test the HOUNDS.
CORBIN VS SOUTH LAUREL will be a good crowd, now if only North Laurel would step up and play CORBIN.
FoSho Wrote:People that complain about recruiting are generally people that are associated with unsuccessful programs.

Just sayin.

We usually don’t see eye to eye, but your spot on with this one. Best of luck this upcoming season
Good gate, but Corbin is just a lot better at football.
I hope Corbin will continue to play Bell. If you recall, about 10 years ago Corbin drop Bell.. we will stay in class 3A and I hope Corbin will stay on our schedule.. But when we beat them this year, things will change for the hound dogs.. Dudley will keep them if they agree..
No one cares...
Wildcats11 Wrote:No one cares...

Corbin "Fans" do. BANG!! DDE
GreysHeadline Wrote:Corbin "Fans" do. BANG!! DDE

Corbin who? They suck....
Wildcats11 Wrote:Corbin who? They suck....

They Suck? Well what does that make the rest of the teams in the area? What term is worse than suck?
:hilarious:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:We usually don’t see eye to eye, but your spot on with this one. Best of luck this upcoming season

I think we probably see eye to eye more than we know, we just love our kids and our teams and sometimes get a little defensive.

If we both make it to semi-state we need to get together pregame and bury this hatchet for good.

Good luck this coming season I hope it's a productive and especially HEALTHY one for our boys.
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:They Suck? Well what does that make the rest of the teams in the area? What term is worse than suck?
:hilarious:

You don't know who I root for so ya?
Pages: 1 2