Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Man Hit By Semi After Police Chase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A man is in the hospital, another under arrest after a police chase in Carter County, Kentucky.
It started when Kentucky State Police say the driver of a stolen pickup truck, Lonnie Marcum, 25 of Vanceburg, took off when a trooper tried to pull him over for speeding on the AA Highway.
According to investigators, the pickup headed toward I-64 and hit another car that was stopped on the I-64 overpass at the Grayson interchange (exit 172), and the Marcum and a passenger, Carl Marcum, 18 of Louisa, both bailed out of the truck and started running away from the officers
During the foot chase, police say Carl Marcum ran across I-64 and was hit by a semi-truck in the west bound lanes. He was taken by helicopter to Cabell Huntington Hospital and is reportedly in critical condition.
Lonnie Marcum was caught by troopers and has been taken to jail. He faces a long list of charges:
- Speeding
- DUI 1st offense
- No seatbelt
- Disregarding traffic control device
- No insurance
- No registration plate
- Wanton endangerment 1st degree (felony)
- Failure to signal
- Improper lane change
- Receiving stolen property (felony)
- Reckless driving
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Fleeing and evading 1st degree (felony)
- Fleeing and evading 2nd degree
Two women were in the car that was hit by Marcum. One was 22 weeks pregnant. She was taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
The west bound lanes of I-64 were being routed off the interstate and then back on at the Grayson exit, but the interstate is now back open

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/6772417.html
According to several witnesses he actually jumped off of the overpass onto I-64 and was struck by the semi.

This is the second major accident near that exit in a couple of days. A truck driver who's rig stalled was hit and killed as he tried to set up his flairs just off of the exit coming towards Ashland on 64.
Yea I knew both of them involved I dealt with them when I was in Law Enforcement myself.