Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 1 Rockcastle 0 (14 Innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a game went 14 innings at 0-0 then a ball drops in to score only run.
Forgot to add 22 from rock is a heck of a pitcher, pitched good in scrimmage but pitched great in today’s game.
What time was this thing finally over? I bet there were some hungry umps and coaches!
Just before one. It was worth missing dinner for.
The Rigsby kid from Rockcastle is by far the best pitcher I have ever seen in the a high school game. Throws all his pitches for strikes and hit in the low 90's and his fastball sits around 88-89. Rockcastle has four very good quality pitchers.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Just before one. It was worth missing dinner for.

I heard it was a boring game had like 40+ strikeouts. Someone said corbin didnt put the bat on the ball till the 7th inning. 18 straight strikeouts. Any truth to that??
I think this game speaks to Corbin's pitching depth. This game was the second of a double header. The equivalent of three games played in one day with a total of three runs given up. As for the strikeouts, I wasn't there so I can't speak to that.
SEKYSports Wrote:The Rigsby kid from Rockcastle is by far the best pitcher I have ever seen in the a high school game. Throws all his pitches for strikes and hit in the low 90's and his fastball sits around 88-89. Rockcastle has four very good quality pitchers.

Yes Rigsby is for real, had him on the gun in the sixth inning setting 90-91. He has a very strong arm, throws all pitches for strikes and as always hitters are behind early but he makes you way behind. Lol
He is a very blessed young man wish him the best and hope he follows through with a healthy baseball career.
Copperhead11 Wrote:I heard it was a boring game had like 40+ strikeouts. Someone said corbin didnt put the bat on the ball till the 7th inning. 18 straight strikeouts. Any truth to that??

Not boring, some of the plays that was made to keep no hitter in tact for both sides was unreal. Both teams combined for like 48 ks, Corbin had 28 rock had 20, and yes Rigsby had 18. As I stated in my earlier post not to take anything away from Rigsby but pitching is always ahead of hitting especially opening day, and against a kid throwing 91 for six straight innings. If you think about it, teams had to get 84 outs and 48 was ks, there was some amazing plays.
I think this game broke a couple state records. one was most combined strike outs in a game.