Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central 9 Pikeville 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
I'm going to asume that Scott Little pitched for AC. Who pitched for Pikeville?
wow nice win for AC.
rooster Wrote:I'm going to asume that Scott Little pitched for AC. Who pitched for Pikeville?

Yeah Little did pitch for Ac, I think Pikeville only got one run off him....Im not sure who pitched for Pikeville.....My prayers go out to John Michael Mayo, he was injured in the game and had to be removed by ambulance...hope he is doing well, and if the Pikeville fans could keep us updated on his condition we would greatly appreciate it
I wasn't expecting this! Good Job, Rebels! Anyone got any stats?
Scott Little Pitched one hell of a game giving up 1 run on 1 hit. He came out with his best including the entire rebel team. Ac is a underdog that is fighting if they continue to keep up this type of play. Good Job Rebels!Nice Win!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I wasn't expecting this! Good Job, Rebels! Anyone got any stats?

You would've been proud StrikeoutKing-- Little did an excellent job on the mound tonight.

Logan Crowder came in for AC in the sixth inning but couldn't seem to find the strike zone.

Congrats to AC on the win. Keep on working boys-you'll be fine. Good Luck tomorrow against Powell County.

Best wishes to Mayo on a speedy recovery.
I feel sorry for Mayo, he has had a rough school year with his football injury and now baseball injury. Best wishes go out to him and his family on a speedy recovery.
I heard through the grapevine that Little had a no-hitter going into the 6th inning. I know he pitched a terrific game. AC will be tough when he is out there. When their youth gets some experience, this team could be dangerous. Good luck Rebels.

Also, a terrible thing happened in this game around the 2nd or 3rd inning. I didn't get there to see what happened, but the 1B for Pikeville -- I think his name was John Mayo -- took a hard hit to the head, and had to be taken out by ambulance. I hope this young man recovers soon. I've heard only good about him.
Knockoutking Wrote:Scott Little Pitched one hell of a game giving up 1 run on 1 hit. He came out with his best including the entire rebel team. Ac is a underdog that is fighting if they continue to keep up this type of play. Good Job Rebels!Nice Win!
??????? One run on one hit? And then another poster says he had a no hitter through 6. How did Pikeville get the other 6 runs? Sounds like something caused the bottom to drop out somewhere.
rooster Wrote:??????? One run on one hit? How did Pikeville get the other 6 runs? Sounds like something caused the bottom to drop out somewhere.

They scored the other runs in the 7th inning on the young left-handed freshman from AC. He walked a couple of batters, and a couple of hits mixed with an error allowed for a small comeback from Pikeville. In the bottom of the 6th, the Rebels played with the mercy rule having runners and second and third, while up 9-1, but they could not get the runs in. This was a fun game to watch. AC stole bases, squeezed in runners, and played fundamentals.
Pacman Wrote:They scored the other runs in the 7th inning on the young left-handed freshman from AC. He walked a couple of batters, and a couple of hits mixed with an error allowed for a small comback from Pikeville. In the bottom of the 6th, the Rebels played with the mercy rule having runners and second and third, while up 9-1, but they could not get the runs in. This was a fun game to watch. AC stole bases, squeezed in runners, and played fundamentals.
OK, I see. Thanks!!
AC saved their ace for Pikeville the 3rd game of the year and got drilled their first 2 games as a result. Pikeville did what 99% of teams do and go through their rotation from opening day. Game doesn't mean anything in the long run IMO...
jetpilot Wrote:AC saved their ace for Pikeville the 3rd game of the year and got drilled their first 2 games as a result. Pikeville did what 99% of teams do and go through their rotation from opening day. Game doesn't mean anything in the long run IMO...
Who pitched for Pikeville?
^^^IDK, but it wasn't their ace, who came within one out of a no-hitter on opening day,...
jetpilot Wrote:AC saved their ace for Pikeville the 3rd game of the year and got drilled their first 2 games as a result. Pikeville did what 99% of teams do and go through their rotation from opening day. Game doesn't mean anything in the long run IMO...

You ever think that maybe his arm wasn't ready earlier in the week to throw very much. This game doesn't mean much, but it is a great confidence booster for the young AC club. I don't think AC got drilled by Phelps, and take away a bad first inning with SC and that's a totally different game. I think AC is just trying to find themselves. I'm glad to see Little throwing, and that his arm is healthy.
Pacman Wrote:You ever think that maybe his arm wasn't ready earlier in the week to throw very much.

Nope.
Little didn't pitch much in the scrimmages either. The Rebel coaching staff kept a close eye on his pitch count last night. It seems they are trying to keep his arm fresh and not wear it out in the first half of the season. With a young pitching staff- AC will have to watch this closely.
WHO IS COACHING PIKEVILLE and hope Mayo is OK.
Wow...I'm very suprised by the outcome of this game. I didnt know AC was that good. No offense at all. What was there record last year??
Nice win AC.
Godspeed Wrote:Wow...I'm very suprised by the outcome of this game. I didnt know AC was that good. No offense at all. What was there record last year??

AC finished the 2006 season with 23-11 record. They were 16-6 in 15th Region play and 8-0 in 58th district play. AC lost to SC in 10 innings in the second round of the15th region tourney. They also lost 6 starters to graduation from the 2006 team.

Brock Kidd- catcher
Ramon Spurlock -1st
Justin Jacobs- 2nd
Tyler Turner-SS
Josh Mckinney-3rd
Nick Music- CF

AC returned 3 starters- Sophomore Josh Prater (OF) and Juniors Scott Little (OF) and Alex Hammonds moved from OF last season to SS this season. With the exception of Hammonds AC's infield are all in experienced Varsity players.
Ethan Conley -catcher
John Bryant- 1st
Chad Nelson 2nd
Alex Hammonds SS
Hunter Crowder 3rd

Logan Crowder (LF) and Chris Stumbo (RF) are new starters as well.
rooster Wrote:I'm going to asume that Scott Little pitched for AC. Who pitched for Pikeville?
Little did pitch for AC. He went 5 1/3 giving up the one hit in the 6th. He was taken out due to pitch count he threw about 75-80 pitches. The AC defence also looked good. With as many freshmen as they have it will be a little while before they all come together but this game really showed that the Rebel fans have something to look foward to.