Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 50 Estill County 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Corbin advances
Hounds put the engineers back in the depot. Congrats Corbin on the win! Congrats Estill on a good showing. You guys will be "legends" in the years to come in Irvin.
For Corbin: Andrew Taylor had 15 points, 3 rebounds, and 7 assists.
Stewart had 16 points.
Sanders had 10 points and 11 rebounds.

Bonny led Estill with 14 points.

Congrats to Corbin and good luck in the next round.
Sounded like a great game on the radio. I said if they slowed it down it would be tight and come down to free throws. I didn’t think it would literally do that haha. Estill sounded very disciplined in how they run their game. Congrats to them on a good season. Survive and advance. Our Elite 8 game is gonna be tough no matter who wins.
It was fun while it lasted kind of pertains to both teams in this game. Lol.
Estill County, look back on those 32 minutes on the big floor and smile.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:It was fun while it lasted kind of pertains to both teams in this game. Lol.

I still have hope. But in reality you’re more than likely right. But it was still a good ride and says a lot about CHS athletics. The only public school in both football and basketball state tournament.
Proud to be an Engineer, man! We made Corbin play our game for the most part. Rebounding killed us. At one point in thr 4th quarter, the shot total was: Corbin- 45
Estill- 22.
Have to attribute that to the hustle of the Red Hounds! Great game by both teams.
GO BIG BLUE!
jumpshooter Wrote:Proud to be an Engineer, man! We made Corbin play our game for the most part. Rebounding killed us. At one point in thr 4th quarter, the shot total was: Corbin- 45
Estill- 22.
Have to attribute that to the hustle of the Red Hounds! Great game by both teams.
GO BIG BLUE!

Congrats on a great run by Estill Co. from the sound of it listening on the radio, Estill stuck to their game plan the whole way! That says a lot about your kids to be able to do that on this stage, and keeping their composure. Good luck next year. What do you guys have coming back? Corbin I’m afraid won’t be near as good but ya never know
Estill loses four starters.
Corbin went to its spread with four minutes left. They seemed to want to play slow since offense was a struggle.
Corbin’s pressure defense wore Estill down finally. Congrats to Corbin and congrats to Estill for making history. Great job Engineers and good luck to Corbin.
I'll never understand holding the ball like Estill did.
Even if it paid off in this game, Scott and Trinity both have the athletes to destroy you in the next game. One win means nothing. Better to get out on the floor and run it and hope somebody gets hot.

Corbin shouldn't be too tired after this one.

This brings me back to my reasoning for all sports needing to be classed. Corbin now has to take on the biggest public school in the state on less than 2 days rest and even less after if they were to win that. The difference is the depth. Bigger schools hold the advantage there. I expect Scott to beat corbin by 20 plus depending on how the game is played.

How many times will this make hicks playing Corbin now?
I would say that Billy has played Corbin 5 or 6 times counting Friday.
Congrats to Hounds
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'll never understand holding the ball like Estill did.
Even if it paid off in this game, Scott and Trinity both have the athletes to destroy you in the next game. One win means nothing. Better to get out on the floor and run it and hope somebody gets hot.

This brings me back to my reasoning for all sports needing to be classed. Corbin now has to take on the biggest public school in the state on less than 2 days rest and even less after if they were to win that. The difference is the depth. Bigger schools hold the advantage there. I expect Scott to beat corbin by 20 plus depending on how the game is played.

You hold the ball to play within yourself. Estill doesn't have the athletes like some of the other schools, but they do have good basketball players. So play the game the way you can, its that simple.
And I do not agree on classifying basketball, Kentucky is one of the few states with ONE state champion. Small schools have won it before, and they will win it again. You wouldn't have made this argument if Scott county wasn't looming on Friday.
jumpshooter Wrote:You hold the ball to play within yourself. Estill doesn't have the athletes like some of the other schools, but they do have good basketball players. So play the game the way you can, its that simple.
And I do not agree on classifying basketball, Kentucky is one of the few states with ONE state champion. Small schools have won it before, and they will win it again. You wouldn't have made this argument if Scott county wasn't looming on Friday.

I would have made the argument no matter who was looking on Friday.
As an Estill County fan, you should highly agree with my stance. Estill as a 3A school has an exponentially better chance at winning a title then the current set up.

Hopefully a shot clock is included soon. It's definitely coming, so we might as well go ahead and get it done.
It will stop this 4 corners dribbling nonsense that both teams put on display today
Corbin Wrote:I would say that Billy has played Corbin 5 or 6 times counting Friday.

I bet Rojas can fill us in on that stat
I looked it up and unless I overlooked something, this will be the 6th meeting.

Twice at Clay County, twice at Rupp, and Home and Home.
I always hate when two Mountain teams face off in the first round, but at least one team gets a State Tournament win this way. Good season for both teams. Congratulations!
After a 4 1/2 drive from London. :truestory: I walk in Rupp Arena at halftime and cheered Corbin to victory :Cheerlead Congratulations Redhounds and congratulations to the Estill County :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:After a 4 1/2 drive from London. :truestory: I walk in Rupp Arena at halftime and cheered Corbin to victory :Cheerlead Congratulations Redhounds and congratulations to the Estill County :Cheerlead

4 1/2 hours? Did your bandwagon have a flat?😱😂
Congrats to Corbin. You have Scott County waiting on you Sad
brooksville Wrote:Congrats to Corbin. You have Scott County waiting on you Sad

Corbin is waiting on Scott County be prepared Confusednicker:
HCS Wrote:Estill loses four starters.
Corbin went to its spread with four minutes left. They seemed to want to play slow since offense was a struggle.

The spread was to force Estill County out of the zone and into a man-to-man. It's not a big deal for a man-to-man team to go zone. But, teams that play primarily zone usually can't go man-to-man. There are a lot more nuances with a man-to-man, such as weak-side-help, rotating, etc. You have to play it every day to be effective with it.
64SUR Wrote:After a 4 1/2 drive from London. :truestory: I walk in Rupp Arena at halftime and cheered Corbin to victory :Cheerlead Congratulations Redhounds and congratulations to the Estill County :Cheerlead

I could have ridden my Trek from Corbin to Lexington in 4.5 hours.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:I always hate when two Mountain teams face off in the first round, but at least one team gets a State Tournament win this way. Good season for both teams. Congratulations!

I have never seen a mountain in Corbin or Estill County.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet Rojas can fill us in on that stat

Yes. I think this will be make 6. They played in the 2010 Sweet 16 opening round and Scott County won by 19. They played in the Bobby Keith Classic a couple times. Corbin played Scott County close in one of those. The Hounds were ahead a lot of one of those games. I think they played in Corbin and in Scott County during the Tyler Hicks and Johnny B Hammonds years.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would have made the argument no matter who was looking on Friday.
As an Estill County fan, you should highly agree with my stance. Estill as a 3A school has an exponentially better chance at winning a title then the current set up.

Hopefully a shot clock is included soon. It's definitely coming, so we might as well go ahead and get it done.
It will stop this 4 corners dribbling nonsense that both teams put on display today

A shot clock is not needed. Learning to play a pressure man-to-man defense is needed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'll never understand holding the ball like Estill did.

On the depth issue, Scott County only plays 7 players. I bet Corbin plays at least 8.

On the point spread issue. I would be surprised if this is a 20 point game. I would say 12-16 at best. I have watched Hicks coached teams in the Sweet 16 for 27 years. If he gets a comfortable lead he will go to his bench as quickly as he feels comfortable. His philosophy is that if you win the Sweet 16 you have to play 4 games in only 4 or 5 days. The more rest you can get your starters the better.
rojas Wrote:I have never seen a mountain in Corbin or Estill County.

Lol.. Then you ain’t been to Estill County. Over half of the county is noting but mountains
Pages: 1 2