Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2018-2019 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the top teams and players in the 14th region for the 2018-2019 season?
Wolfe County will be a top 3 team in the Region. Hailey Smith will be a top 5 player and be by far and away the best player statistically.
1. Leslie County
2. Letcher Central
3. Hazard
4. Perry Central
5. Knott Central
I think Estill has to be somewhere in there. If I'm not mistaken they lose 1 maybe 2 from this year's team and return leading scorer and rebounder Amy Brewer
Owsley County returns 4 starters and all the reserves:
Emily McQueen, Sr.
Shelby Creech, Jr.
Lexy Lynch, Soph.
Amila Murray, Soph.
Mick Johnson, Soph.
Katrina Shouse, Fr.

Of course the one graduate was 14th region co-player of the year and Miss Basketball finalist Macie Gibson, who’ll be taking her basketball skills to Murray State. That’s a big loss but the Lady Owls should still be competitive. The 3 freshmen starters from a year ago will be more experienced, and two of them will be starting for the 3rd straight year.

As for the district, I suppose with Brewer returning to Estill County they will be the favorites to win the title next year.
Anybody care to rate by district?
53rd
1. Letcher County Central
2. Knott County Central
3. June Buchanan
4. Cordia

54th
1. Leslie County
2. Hazard
3. Perry County Central
4. Buckhorn

55th
1. Wolfe County
2. Jackson City
3. Breathitt County
4. Riverside

56th
1. Estill County
2. Owsley County
3. Powell County
4. Lee County
Powell loses a lot, but they also return a lot. I believe that they will surprise many teams next year. Emily Branham had a tough year recovering from knee surgery. She started showing signs of her potential the last month. With King leading at point, Branham coming back to form, and Howell down in the post, they will be stronger then people think. If they can play as a team, they can make some noise.
Estill will be very good next year. The addition of Amy Brewer makes them the best in the 56th next season and a force in the region. Bellamy is one of the best shooters in the region and Flynn keeps growing as a player. That group along with Hale, with be a top 5 team in the region.
Owlsey loses a lot, but return some good young players. They will be looking at Lynch and Murray to lead the team, but this team will go as far as McQueen will take them. She will be the difference maker.
Lee will live and die by the 3's, as normal. However, if they can get Hinkle to get strong and aggressive, they could be upset some teams. They will not be a doormat, but they will finish 4th.

56th will still be very competitive next year. Estill will be the favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do not win.

I'd rank them:
1. Estill County
2. Powell County
3. Owlsey County
4. Lee County

This is how they finished when the seniors were freshmen.
Did Amy brewer play last year for estill?
hitter Wrote:Did Amy brewer play last year for estill?

Yes. She led them in scoring and rebounding.
That's what I thought. Someone said she was at breathitt but that was the year before last wasn't it?