Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Al Holland to Hazard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The word around Perry County is that a deal has been made nameing Al Holland the new coach at Hazard High School. From what i've heard the administration is awaiting an official announcement of this move that will take place before the end of the week.

Any comment on Holland's career with M.C. Napier/ Perry Central?

What are your thoughts on this coaching change and who perhaps are the front runners for the soon to be vacant job at Perry Central.
I've heard this as well.... and that a couple of JBS players will go there with him...
Al Holland in my opinion is one of the best coaches around. He has had great success at Napier and Perry Central and I think Hazard is getting a great coach.
The King Wrote:I've heard this as well.... and that a couple of JBS players will go there with him...
I heard Clark and Clint Stepp LOL
yes i've heard this too, and if it is true then Look out, The dawgs will be really really good next season.
stepp boys are going nowhere, cox might move schools!!!!!!!!!!
I told everyone this would happen! I LOVE IT AND HOPE BIG AL LAYS IT TO PCC EVERYTIME after the way he got the shaft!
Yea ive heard this rumor bout Al Holland for awhile. But as far as JBS players comin to Hazard too, all ive heard mentioned are Garrison Collins, and Tate Cox. But idk for sure, these are all rumors.
Around $75,000 correct?
I think Big Al is gonna look good in the blue and gold. :Thumbs:
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Yea ive heard this rumor bout Al Holland for awhile. But as far as JBS players comin to Hazard too, all ive heard mentioned are Garrison Collins, and Tate Cox. But idk for sure, these are all rumors.

OMG...Hazard would be awesome if this happens, but is it really true? I've heard they were staying at JBS and also heard that one was going to SV and the other to LCC....with so many speculations which is true?????Rolleyes
plus....why would they leave JBS after winning the region and they will have the same team next year which "should" make them even better....:confused:
I can't see the Stepps ever leaving JBS. Clark is a senior next seaon and the trip to Rupp did a lot for healing a few wounds in Pippa Passes. Based on whats been posted so far on this thread 4 of the 5 starters at jbs are transfering, perhaps all to Hazard. Why would that ever happen?!

I started this thread to discuss the career of a great coach and the impact his move will have on the 14th region and the Hazard program. Like most threads on BGR lately all that has been talked about is JBS and the potential of players leaving and going to any other H.S. in the 14th or 15th region.

Lets stay on topic guys, save the JBS rumors for a thread about that topic.
I heard Al Holland was being looked at by Hazard, Knott Central, and North Laurel. I believe he'll go to Hazard myself but North laurel has its strong points.
a 14th region coach said Al was making calls about scheduling games - games for Hazard.
wow, would be great for the dawgs but why would they fire coach morris after one season. He had an alright year but i also heard he had throat cancer so thats why stepping down but Big Al would be great for Hazard if so who would get the job at Perry Central????
Is Morris going to Bell?
Morris was always coming to hazard for one year, even he knew that and yes he will be going back to bell county.
hazard will continue to dominate the region now that holland has the job. look for hazard to get at least 2 regional titles in the next 4 years.
Anybody have any info on the final word? #'s such as money, years, etc. If he a definate at Haz?????
Big Move...what 15 mins.
And1 Wrote:plus....why would they leave JBS after winning the region and they will have the same team next year which "should" make them even better....:confused:

i'll give you 5 reasons and they all start with a s and end in a epp.
Al Holland would make a good hire for anyone. As for Tate Cox, if he ever wants to be looked at as an individual player outside the Stepp circle of love he needs to find another school. he will always be overlooked at JBS. He shouldn't be but will be. I feel the same way about the Short kid as well. Great athlete and smart player but gets no recognition for his play.
I'll say Hazard will win the 14th next year.
Hazard has some great returning talent and if they sould get a kid like cox to step in where Hicks left off they would be tough.

uk96

If Cox and Short went to Hazard they would be an instant contender. Cox is probably the best guard in the 14th next year and I have heard some college coaches say Short may be the best kept secret in the mountains. I think both these players will have great college careers wherever they end up at.
I agree
Is it official yet?? Is al Holland the coach at Hazard??
I dunno about Cox leaving but im pretty posotive collins is content with jbs and if he does leave it will be to letcher co where he currently lives so if he goes anywhere other then jbs it will be LCC which would b a help to them i think
I forgot to give short some reconginition. and i agree with uk96 that short has great talent which is just over shadowed by the stepps
Pages: 1 2