Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg Blackcats 07-08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be another decent season for the blackcats returning there two leading scorers in Hughes and Hall. The ones with a * infront of there name means they started in the 06-07 season.

Seniors
*Jordan Hall-G
*Bobby Hughes-G
*Nathaniel Stephens-F
Taylor Clark-G
Jeffery Hallem-G
Josh Roudebaugh-F
BJ Spurlock-G

Juniors
Jody Tackett-G
Seth Setser-G/F
Austin Gearheart-F
Kyle Hall-C
Alex Stumbo-G

Sophmores
Micheal Burchett-G
Tyler Hall-G

Should be a pretty competitive season in the 58th with lots of talent returning for each team.
South Floyd will improve with younger talent...Betsy Layne has Newman coming into his own and hopefully will improve over the summer...Allen Central is the defending champs and will be playing with confidence with two important starters and a solid JV coming into play...Prestonsburg will in the thick of things with all of their returning talent and in my opinion, depending on some decisions that haven't been made yet at Allen Central, the Blackcats may be the preseason favorite in the 58th, but it's a long way til then.
jammin' jamey Wrote:South Floyd will improve with younger talent...Betsy Layne has Newman coming into his own and hopefully will improve over the summer...Allen Central is the defending champs and will be playing with confidence with two important starters and a solid JV coming into play...Prestonsburg will in the thick of things with all of their returning talent and in my opinion, depending on some decisions that haven't been made yet at Allen Central, the Blackcats may be the preseason favorite in the 58th, but it's a long way til then.
The loss of Ryan Collins will hurt Allen Central alot but I believe Prater will improve alot in the off season and I still have them and Betsy Layne at the top of the 58th. Newman will be really tough to stop for BL this year if he plays, I think he's one of the top 10 player in the region W/Out a doubt. I'd say Prestonsburg will be 3rd and SF will again struggle and be 4th, maybe more so this season than last if thats possible
The starters will probably be:
PG-Tackett or Clark
SG-J. Hall
SF-Burchett
PF-Hughes
C-Stephens

Hughes may have to play the 4 while switching back and forth at the three with Burchett.
The Blackcats will be very competitive next year. GO CATS! :rockon:
Let's get this thread back on topic folks, It's not AC,SF or Betsy Layne. It's P'burg Blackcats 07-08. I'm sure there is a thread on 58th Dist. or 15th Region, if not here's a good chance to start one.
Thanks
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Let's get this thread back on topic folks, It's not AC,SF or Betsy Layne. It's P'burg Blackcats 07-08. I'm sure there is a thread on 58th Dist. or 15th Region, if not here's a good chance to start one.
Thanks
Your right, who will replace Patton on the interior?? He wasn't a great player but was an athletic 6'8 who cased alot of matchup problems and helped Prestonsburg alot late last season. If its Stephans what will he bring to the interior?? I believe he could be a force if he gets in better shape but in a fast paced game like SV, and AC likes to play he'd be absolutly worn out. As far as Jordan Hall he has the potential to be POY in the district this season. Probabily in the range of a top 12-15 player in the region. The PG will be a key to their success. Being a Senior I'd say Clark will get the 1st look at PG, so how will he handle this?? Just a few questions and observatins about this team.
Irish#1 Wrote:The starters will probably be:
PG-Tackett or Clark
SG-J. Hall
SF-Burchett
PF-Hughes
C-Stephens

Hughes may have to play the 4 while switching back and forth at the three with Burchett.
The Blackcats will be very competitive next year. GO CATS! :rockon:

I would say Austin Gearheart at SF instead of Burchett and switch Hughes to a guard and probably play a 3 guard. Hughes isnt tall enough to play PF and plus I believe he is better at the guard position. The PG position is up for grabs.
P-burg wont be a very tall team next year but will be quick. I look for them to surprise people next year.
Another definite possibility would be hall-pg, hughes-sg, burchett-sf, gearheart-pf, and stephens-c. The blackcats will be a pressing, push the ball up the court type of team and might go with four guards on the floor with hall, hughes, burchett, and clark or tackett.
Yeah Irish#1, I think your right. Prestonsburg will be a quick team and high scoring team next season. I hope that Coach Crisp runs the fast paced type game, instead of the half-court type game.
Should be a fun and exciting 58th district next season.