Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sweet 16 picks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So who u got? I will start it off.

Corbin
Trinity
Warren Cent
J. Hardin
Campbell Co
Fern Creek
Oldham Co
Cov Cath

Trinity
Warren Cent
Fern Creek
Cov Cath

Trinity
Cov Cath

Trinity
Kinda sad that Trinity and Scott County have to meet in the 1st round. The sweet 16 really should be seeded.
Here is my super homer picks.

Corbin
Scott county
Warren central
John Hardin
University heights
McCracken county
Cov cath
Fern creek

Corbin
Warren central
McCracken county
Fern creek

Corbin
Fern creek

Corbin

I know I'll get a lot of backlash over this. If Corbin puts together four games like the one they did against Knox central, I think they can make some real noise. Especially if a couple of the favorites have off games. Even then, we all know I'm picking with my heart and not my head.
Corbin
Trinity

Warren central
john hardin

Campbell County
Oldham County

Fern Creek
Cov Cath

Trinity
John Hardin

Cov Cath
Campbell County

Trinity
Cov Cath

Cov Cath
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Kinda sad that Trinity and Scott County have to meet in the 1st round. The sweet 16 really should be seeded.

I 100% disagree.

A 6A private school from Louisville & a either the largest or second largest school by population in the state playing in the state finals....... who cares. The more we have an all 6A finals or both team from the same area (Louis. metro., Lex. metro or NKY... and yes, that can happen) the more the Sweet 16 looses it's magic.
If we are gonna keep a true Sweet 16 format, the randomness of the draw is the only thing left that gives teams like the 1996 Paintsville team or the 2010 Shelby Valley team a shot at winning.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Here is my super homer picks.

Corbin
Scott county
Warren central
John Hardin
University heights
McCracken county
Cov cath
Fern creek

Corbin
Warren central
McCracken county
Fern creek

Corbin
Fern creek

Corbin

I know I'll get a lot of backlash over this. If Corbin puts together four games like the one they did against Knox central, I think they can make some real noise. Especially if a couple of the favorites have off games. Even then, we all know I'm picking with my heart and not my head.

Yeah, that’s definitely a pick from the heart. Corbin got lucky with the champ of the 14th in round one. Their luck runs out in round two, in a big way. I’m guessing they get throttled by 20+ against either Trinity or Scott Co.
Corbin may not win the state, but believe they will have one of the best 3 players in the tournament.
Who is your top 3? I would have to go with Pearson from John Hardin, kyky Tandy from univ heights, Moreno from Scott Co. and scrubb from trinity. All four of those are high D1 recruits.
Moreno (Scott Co.)
Tandy (UHA)
Taylor (Corbin)
That was actually 4 I listed. Anyway, that’s my top 4
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Yeah, that’s definitely a pick from the heart. Corbin got lucky with the champ of the 14th in round one. Their luck runs out in round two, in a big way. I’m guessing they get throttled by 20+ against either Trinity or Scott Co.

Corbin has to beat estill before they can worry about Scott county or Trinity. If they do, I sure hope Trinity/Scott county feel the same way about it you do.
Seeing first hand Cov Cath play against some of the top competition in the tri-state, this is one of the best NKY teams to enter the tournament in years. With a 7 footer, Small Forward and Point Guard who are going to Xavier, Iowa and a top 5 in the nation D2 school, this team better make it to the finals.

I'd love to see my Ala-Mater Campbell Co. make it to that game. It was a tight game in their only game with Cov Cath, but Cov Cath was missing the 7 footer after the first half.
Forgot about those kids from Cov Cath. That probably messes up my top 4
Revised top 5 ( no particular order)
Pearson, Fredrick, Moreno, Tandy, and scrubb. With that said I’m picking Scrubb and Trinity to win it all!
Corbin
Scott Co
Warren Central
John Hardin

Campbell Co
Fern Creek
Oldham Co
Covington Catholic

Scott Co
John Hardin

Fern Creel
Covington Catholic

Scott Co
Covington Catholic

State Champions
Covington Catholic.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Here is my super homer picks.

Corbin
Scott county
Warren central
John Hardin
University heights
McCracken county
Cov cath
Fern creek

Corbin
Warren central
McCracken county
Fern creek

Corbin
Fern creek

Corbin

Don’t blame you a bit, if North Laurel had won region I would be coming up with scenarios where they could shock the state too.
Having said that I will go with
Corbin
Scott Co.

Warren Central
John Hardin

Campbell Co.
Oldham Co.

Fern Creek
Cov Cath

Scott Co.
Warren Central

Campbell Co.
Cov Cath

Scott Co.
Cov Cath

Covington Catholic state champs
Covington Catholic is the best team in Ky. A lot can happen at the sweet 16 Scott Co pretty good also. Trinity and Scott Co will be a great game maybe the best of the whole tournament. Sleeper in the field John Hardin
My prediction is that this will be the most boring sweet 16 in recent memory, because everyone knows it will be Scott County playing Covington Catholic in the championship. Both are very good teams, but I'm going with Scott County. Will be a ton of beat downs in the first two rounds.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I 100% disagree.

A 6A private school from Louisville & a either the largest or second largest school by population in the state playing in the state finals....... who cares. The more we have an all 6A finals or both team from the same area (Louis. metro., Lex. metro or NKY... and yes, that can happen) the more the Sweet 16 looses it's magic.
If we are gonna keep a true Sweet 16 format, the randomness of the draw is the only thing left that gives teams like the 1996 Paintsville team or the 2010 Shelby Valley team a shot at winning.

100% huh. I suppose that makes your opinion morenlegitbthan mine. Good on ya.
Corbin
Scott County
Warren Central
John Hardin
Campbell Co
Oldham co
CovCath
Boyd County

Scott Co
Warren Central
Oldham County
Cov Cath

CovCath beats Scott County in finals
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Corbin has to beat estill before they can worry about Scott county or Trinity. If they do, I sure hope Trinity/Scott county feel the same way about it you do.
If Scott Co wins and Corbin wins, Hicks won't hold back. He'd beat Corbin by 50 if he could
Corbin
Trinity
Warren Central
John Hardin
Campbell County
McCracken County
Covington Catholic
Fern Creek

Trinity
John Hardin
Campbell County
Covington Catholic

Trinity
Covington Catholic

Trinity

Toughest call - Scott County vs. Trinity in the opening round;
Team that could make a run that no one seems to be mentioning - McCracken County
Corbin will meet Scott or trinity in the second round. When they do they will lose and cry and cry and cry and cry all the way home and tell everybody how good they done and build another arena closer to corbin to play in bit no one will play in because of morals. Corbin is on the way DOWN. Remember when I said it. DOWN.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Kinda sad that Trinity and Scott County have to meet in the 1st round. The sweet 16 really should be seeded.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:I 100% disagree.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:100% huh. I suppose that makes your opinion morenlegitbthan mine. Good on ya.

My opinion isn't better than anybody else's, but nobody's opinion is better than mine either. Just like the good ole '6 or 9' debate. Depends on what side of it you stand on, you will see a 6 or a 9.

Region 7 or Region 11 will more than likely be the 1 & 2 seeds almost every season.

If the Sweet 16 does become seeded, it might as well Class it like other states have done. Having a separate 1A, 2A & 3A and a 4A, 5A & 6A Sweet 16. While we are at it, go ahead and split the Public/Private schools. Nobody is a bigger proponent of splitting sports by Class, but the Boys Sweet 16 is the KHSAA's flagship event. IMO, the Sweet 16 wouldn't be the Sweet 16 if was seeded.

Way too much criteria would be needed and wouldn't be fair. The ratings, for the most part, are a joke. No way should teams be seeded in The Greatest Show in Hoops by those ridiculous Cantrall's rankings.

Giving a team like Scott County or Trinity a cake walk to the semi's or even to the finals in a seeded Sweet 16 would have a drastic decrease in attendance and excitement. The Sweet 16 has had declining attendance for the past couple years. Knowing a 6A school from Lex. or Louisville is gonna cut the nets won't help the situation either.
Superfly Wrote:If Scott Co wins and Corbin wins, Hicks won't hold back. He'd beat Corbin by 50 if he could

No way! You must not have not seen Hicks' teams play in the Sweet 16 before. He always goes to his bench when he gets a comfortable lead. He likes to rest his starters as much as possible. The Sweet 16 is a long week if you get to the finals. The more rest the better.

Plus, why in the world would Hicks want to run the score up on Corbin? Coach P. played for him and they are still close friends. He has lots of close friends associated with the Corbin program.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:My opinion isn't better than anybody else's, but nobody's opinion is better than mine either. Just like the good ole '6 or 9' debate. Depends on what side of it you stand on, you will see a 6 or a 9.

Region 7 or Region 11 will more than likely be the 1 & 2 seeds almost every season.

If the Sweet 16 does become seeded, it might as well Class it like other states have done. Having a separate 1A, 2A & 3A and a 4A, 5A & 6A Sweet 16. While we are at it, go ahead and split the Public/Private schools. Nobody is a bigger proponent of splitting sports by Class, but the Boys Sweet 16 is the KHSAA's flagship event. IMO, the Sweet 16 wouldn't be the Sweet 16 if was seeded.

Way too much criteria would be needed and wouldn't be fair. The ratings, for the most part, are a joke.
No way should teams be seeded in The Greatest Show in Hoops by those ridiculous Cantrall's rankings.

Giving a team like Scott County or Trinity a cake walk to the semi's or even to the finals in a seeded Sweet 16 would have a drastic decrease in attendance and excitement. The Sweet 16 has had declining attendance for the past couple years. Knowing a 6A school from Lex. or Louisville is gonna cut the nets won't help the situation either.

I think you contradicted yourself. If Trinity and Scott County had a "cakewalk" to the finals, wouldn't that prove the ratings were accurate? Also, there is no such thing as a "cakewalk" in the Sweet 16. However, some routes are much tougher than others.
Superfly Wrote:If Scott Co wins and Corbin wins, Hicks won't hold back. He'd beat Corbin by 50 if he could

Wrong! Not even remotely true. He holds no ill will towards corbin what so ever. Loved the community and the people he worked with here. We played the last time we went and it was a ball game that shouldn’t have been close. If it wasn’t for a certain ref it would have been closer.
Leader Wrote:Corbin will meet Scott or trinity in the second round. When they do they will lose and cry and cry and cry and cry all the way home and tell everybody how good they done and build another arena closer to corbin to play in bit no one will play in because of morals. Corbin is on the way DOWN. Remember when I said it. DOWN.
Kind of like you did in last weeks tournament. Hahahah

The jealousy is strong with you!- Yoda
Scott County or Cov. Cath- Guys I love the Sweet 16, even played in it myself for a couple of years, but you have to feel bad for teams like Ballard, LCA, Cooper,etc. Nothing against teams like Estill Co, going to be a great experience for them kids and the community. Its just blows my mind that Madison Southern beat Estill Co, and Scott County beat Madison Southern by like 80 points could have been over 100 and those kids from the teams I mentioned above(Seniors that is), will never get to experience going to Rupp- Just me- I guess that what makes the Kentucky Sweet 16 so special- Good luck to all the teams next week
Anyone welcome to copy :betterthanexpected:

Corbin
Scott County
Warren Central
Pikeville
Campbell County
Oldham County
Fern Creek
Covington Catholic

Corbin
Warren Central
Oldham County