Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Van Ferguson Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Van has signed on to continue his basketball career at Warner Southern College, an NAIA school in Lake Wales, Florida. Congrats to this young man and best of luck in the future.
Great News!! I was hoping that you would be promoted a little more here in KY, but..... CONGRATS YOUNG MAN!!
Not only is Van a good ball player but a very fine young man. I wished we could have had him all 4 years at P-ville. Good luck in the future
Where did he play before Paintsville?
Congrats I enjoyed watching him play.
Congrats and good luck to him. Someone let him know he can keep us up to date on his progress here at BGR.
Congrats. He is an excellent player.
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Where did he play before Paintsville?

I believe he transferred here from Florida, but I don't know the school/institution.
Congrats Van.
Congrats Van, I know he was in Florida this past weekend so this might have something to do with him signing. Way to go man.
Congrats Van!
I wonder if he enjoyed his vacation to Paintsville,KY....THIS YEAR(LOL...LOL..)
For real though the kid can play and he gets to go back home and play another 4 years of basketball and graduate into society. This is a great Pickup for Warner Southern College they will be getting a good athlete who is versitile enough to play any position on the floor.

Ccograts to Van...All you hard work had payed off.
Moe Wrote:I wonder if he enjoyed his vacation to Paintsville,KY....THIS YEAR(LOL...LOL..)
For real though the kid can play and he gets to go back home and play another 4 years of basketball and graduate into society. This is a great Pickup for Warner Southern College they will be getting a good athlete who is versitile enough to play any position on the floor.

Ccograts to Van...All you hard work had payed off.
Van's first home was here in Paintsville, His Mom, Aunts, Uncles and many Cousins all graduated from Paintsville.
He is only returning to Florida because he gets an extra 6K if he graduates from a Florida High School.
Congrats Van.
I have really enjoyed watching you play!! As an 8 year old you played as hard and with as much heart as you did in HS! This has and will continue to serve you well!
The Guru Wrote:Van's first home was here in Paintsville, His Mom, Aunts, Uncles and many Cousins all graduated from Paintsville.
He is only returning to Florida because he gets an extra 6K if he graduates from a Florida High School.
Let me get this right.

Ferguson's original home was Paintsville...moved to Florida at some point...transferred to Paintsville for senior basketball season and now is transferring back to Florida to graduate???

Anyway, Congrats on the scholarship!
^^ I'm not sure but I think he is graduating from Paintsville but attending college in Florida.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Let me get this right.

Ferguson's original home was Paintsville...moved to Florida at some point...transferred to Paintsville for senior basketball season and now is transferring back to Florida to graduate???

Anyway, Congrats on the scholarship!

Yes, he attended Paintsville, moved to Fl. in the 5th grade. His mother told me he wanted to return to paintsville every year. They moved back to Paintsville this year.
After signing, he found out that if he graduated from a Fl. High School, that he would recieve an extra $6K. So, he is moving back to Fl.
The Guru Wrote:Yes, he attended Paintsville, moved to Fl. in the 5th grade. His mother told me he wanted to return to paintsville every year. They moved back to Paintsville this year.
After signing, he found out that if he graduated from a Fl. High School, that he would recieve an extra $6K. So, he is moving back to Fl.
Van moved off to Florida when he was 10. He played on my Little League team and was just showing some great promise as to being a very good baseball player. He certainly would have helped his LL team out the next couple of years. I was wondering if he continued to play baseball while in Florida and if he was going to play for the Tigers this year. I also attended church and are very goog friends with the family. Congrats to Van on his accomplishments and the very best of luck.
Congrats Van and Good Luck.
Congrats Van!
Congrats Van,Best of luck. Excellent B-Ball player. Just talked to u a couple times and u seemed like a fine young man.