Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County v Cordia 3/5 (14th Region Semi-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Engineers and the Lions Monday night at 6 PM from Perry County Central's John C. Combs Arena.

Both teams are playing really well right now. Estill County comes in 24-7, averaging 62 points a game, allowing 50 points a game.

Cordia comes in 19-11, averaging 63 points a game, allowing 57 points a game.

Common Opponents: Buckhorn, Franklin County, Harlan County, Hazard, Letcher County Central, Wolfe County

Estill County (7-1): def. Buckhorn 76-65 (@ Buckhorn), def. Franklin County 64-46 (@ Rowan), Loss to Harlan County 63-58 (@ Jackson County), def. Hazard 55-49 (@ Hazard), def. Letcher County Central 61-59 in OT (@ Estill), def. Wolfe County 3x (72-58 @ Wolfe, 53-39 @ Estill, 66-57 @ Perry Central)

Cordia (8-1): def. Buckhorn 60-46 (@ Buckhorn), Loss to Franklin County 67-55 (@ GRC), def. Harlan County 53-44 (@ Cordia), def. Hazard 2x (65-57 @ Hazard, 62-49 @ Perry Central), def. Letcher Central 3x (70-63 @ Cordia, 68-48 @ Letcher, 61-46 @ Letcher), def. Wolfe County 68-42 (@ Breathitt)

Cordia def. West Jessamine 69-52 @ Lafayette, West Jessamine def. Pulaski County 61-59 @ West Jess, Estill County def. Pulaski County 71-67 @ Estill.

If both teams come to play, it should be a good game, if one team comes to play and the other team doesn't, it's gonna be a bad night for someone.

Cordia has won 7 straight and 8 of their last 10....Estill County has won 8 straight and 19 of their last 20
All of the common opponents are pretty similar except for Wolfe and Letcher Central.
Go Engineers!
Cordia (international)
skydiver1 Wrote:Cordia (international)

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
I want Cordia to win,win,win :worthy:

Cordia 72
Estill County 64

And you heard it here first :mop::mop::mop:
64SUR Wrote:I want Cordia to win,win,win :worthy:

Cordia 72
Estill County 64

And you heard it here first :mop::mop::mop:

I want you to lose lose lose.
Cordia by 5 in a good one!
Man, this should be a great game on Monday night!. I will have to go with Estill in a close one. Cordia did not show that they can make jumpshots last night. They defend the ball really well and put pressure on the guards, but Estill has three really good ball handlers in Benton, Bonny and Richardson. So which will prevail? The size advantage inside is concerning, but the Doty's seem to be stronger this year. All of this will add up to an Estill win IMO.

Estill 59
Cordia 54
Cordia 57 to 52
I want to give a shout out to my young bulldogs. They had a great year. Just think how young we are and what another year of strength will do for this group.

Hats off to Coach Stacy. He has this Cordia team playing with more discipline and togetherness than most Cordia teams in the past. The Frazier kid can lock you down on defense and the length they bring to the floor is very difficult to contend with.
My guess is Cordia by 8, but good luck to Coach Bentley.
A lot of points in the paint for Estill last night versus Wolfe, but Cordia should be a stiffer matchup for the Engineers.

Should be a good one. If Cordia brings the same defensive intensity they did in the second and third quarters of last night's game they should win. An Estill win wouldn't surprise me.
The Dogfather Wrote:I want to give a shout out to my young bulldogs. They had a great year. Just think how young we are and what another year of strength will do for this group.

Hats off to Coach Stacy. He has this Cordia team playing with more discipline and togetherness than most Cordia teams in the past. The Frazier kid can lock you down on defense and the length they bring to the floor is very difficult to contend with.

The pressure he put on Pelfrey last night was a game changer. Hazard usually dictates the pace and is really methodical on offense, but Frazier's defense on the ball never let them settle in.
Estill has wins on their resume over teams better than Cordia, namely Pulaski County. Imo this game is a tossup but I’m going to go with Estill by 3. They have the size to match Cordia, close enough anyway, and also good guard play, which is important against Cordia’s defense.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Estill has wins on their resume over teams better than Cordia, namely Pulaski County. Imo this game is a tossup but I’m going to go with Estill by 3. They have the size to match Cordia, close enough anyway, and also good guard play, which is important against Cordia’s defense.
FYI- (which was stated earlier) West Jessamine beat Pulaski as well.....Cordia beat West Jessamine by 17
Cordia 57 Estill 50. To much quickness and size. The Estill loss to Breathitt at Home concerns me.for the Enigineers.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:FYI- (which was stated earlier) West Jessamine beat Pulaski as well.....Cordia beat West Jessamine by 17

You’re right. Good point.

For Estill to win they have to shoot the ball well. They can get white hot from the 3 arc at times, particularly with Bonny and Benton. And the 6’5 twins have played well this season, especially Andrew. Pretty solid defensive team too. But Cordia has quickness that the Engineers are probably unaccustomed to facing, with the exception of the maybe Paris, who they lost by 4 pts in a tournament at Christmas.

It’s definitely an interesting matchup.
Just done some quick research on KHSAA, it looks like Estill County has never played cordia sine cordia has turned into a hand picked allstar-aau-prep school team. So I'm hoping Estill loses to cordia, and I hope they lose to cordia by many points! And then I hope that the Estill County community is waiting on the sidewalk of the KHSAA Tuesday morning, maybe another voice can get this non-sense stopped!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Just done some quick research on KHSAA, it looks like Estill County has never played cordia sine cordia has turned into a hand picked allstar-aau-prep school team. So I'm hoping Estill loses to cordia, and I hope they lose to cordia by many points! And then I hope that the Estill County community is waiting on the sidewalk of the KHSAA Tuesday morning, maybe another voice can get this non-sense stopped!!!

Or they could just beat them with a roster of guys who grew up in Estill County their whole lives (with one exception (O'Hair)) That would send a better message.
jumpshooter Wrote:Or they could just beat them with a roster of guys who grew up in Estill County their whole lives (with one exception (O'Hair)) That would send a better message.

The only message that would send cordia is that they need better players and they will go get them!!!
[Image: DXPvaSX.gif]

Lotts creek hasn't seen a train like this since Jada was on the court, wowza! The enginettes will be comin after them full steam ahead. Lookin for a wild ride in this one. By the end of the third quarter, coach stacy will shed the blazer and pull a Breathitt county Bates on the sideline, Keita will have 6 fouls, and MickeyDs will have floated 5 airballs and fist bumped 4 ghost men.

#thecreekhasdriedup More mash taters please!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Just done some quick research on KHSAA, it looks like Estill County has never played cordia sine cordia has turned into a hand picked allstar-aau-prep school team. So I'm hoping Estill loses to cordia, and I hope they lose to cordia by many points! And then I hope that the Estill County community is waiting on the sidewalk of the KHSAA Tuesday morning, maybe another voice can get this non-sense stopped!!!

You have not seen a hand picked allstar-aau-prep school team....but oh it is coming....oh it’s a coming...now that Rod is free to recruit who he wants and no one can say or do anything about it....he is in Scottsdale Arizona right now looking at guys...you should see some of the videos of these guys....oh it’s a coming!
There the best team money can buy
Have not, nor will I probably ever, understand all of the hate for Cordia... I mean, I understand that some of the fans have done some really racist and idiotic things towards them, but that's just more ignorance than anything else and hopefully all in the past.

Go Lions.
Cordia for the win!
West Jessamine beat Pulaski 61-59....@ WJ

Pulaski beat West Jessamine by 35 91-56 @ PC

Cordia beat West Jessamine 69-52 @ Lafayette

Estill beat Pulaski 81-67 @ Estill
Should be pretty even. Going with Cordia by 1.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:The only message that would send cordia is that they need better players and they will go get them!!!

:biglmao:
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Have not, nor will I probably ever, understand all of the hate for Cordia... I mean, I understand that some of the fans have done some really racist and idiotic things towards them, but that's just more ignorance than anything else and hopefully all in the past.

Go Lions.
You dont understand how anybody could hate cheating? or an East Kentucky team having a roster of New York players?:hilarious:
Pages: 1 2 3