Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tips on getting cool???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EKU apparently doesn't believe in air conditioning so needless to say the three windows I have in my room are wide open with two fans going and it's still 80 degrees in my room...it's so hot in here that I have a bottle of water that has frozen into all ice and now it's back to water and it was in my freezer! So yeah anyone have any advice???
Get a window ac. I work at lowes in pikeville and I think we have a small window ac for around $99. It may help.
I looked at window fans at Wal-mart but we can't use anything like that because our windowns open out instead of up.
We sell a window ac for those windows, its called a stand up window ac. It sits in the floor in front of the window, and you run tubes out the window. But it will run you about $499.
Well get you a large tub and several bags or blocks of ice and let you fan blow across them.
DTfan Wrote:EKU apparently doesn't believe in air conditioning so needless to say the three windows I have in my room are wide open with two fans going and it's still 80 degrees in my room...it's so hot in here that I have a bottle of water that has frozen into all ice and now it's back to water and it was in my freezer! So yeah anyone have any advice???

Which hall do you live in? I lived in Keene. We covered all of the windows in aluminum foil and left the window open at all times and it stayed chilly in our room. People nicknamed our room Antarctica and would come to our room after they worked out to cool down.
I live in Telford...it's horrible. I'm thinking of shutting the windows because it has gotten pretty hot outside now.
All you can really do is hang in there. Colleges, for the most part, have their heating and cooling set by season. They will run only heat in the dorms from say, November to March, and AC the rest of the time. They don't switch back and forth.

The best advice I can give is to find some place that is cool, like the library or student center lounge or something and hang out there.
Every place on campus is like 80+ degrees. I don't think it will be so bad next week when according to the weather channel, temps are suppose to go down to 57 or so....as much as I hate the cold I am really looking forward to the temps dropping next week. I wonder how much weight I'm going to lose from sweating so much? lol
DTfan Wrote:Every place on campus is like 80+ degrees. I don't think it will be so bad next week when according to the weather channel, temps are suppose to go down to 57 or so....as much as I hate the cold I am really looking forward to the temps dropping next week. I wonder how much weight I'm going to lose from sweating so much? lol

Yeah, and that's one of the reasons why they don't change it to AC so soon.

If they changed it to AC some people would be wishing next week that the heat was still on.
I'd rather be cold than hot. People sleep better when it's cold than when it's hot. Plus it really sucks because I have a cold and it's like 90 degrees everywhere I go which makes my cold so much worse.
Just Chill..........................
Dang that must suck lol.
Go buy one of those kiddy pools lol and lounge in it.
Good luck with all that! They won't be turning the AC on until April 14th or something. It was like 91 degrees in Moore today...and Dizney was ridiculous today!
Stratton was extremely hot... our teacher let us go home really early because everybody was burning up
I have class in Foster and the auditorium is alright because it's a big room, but I have an 8 am class in Foster 310 and it's ridiculously hot in there. It gets so hot in that room that when it was 30 degrees outside we had to keep the windows open. I dread going in there tomorrow.
In my history class it's always ridiclously hot even on the days when it was 12 degrees outside I would still sweat sitting in that class and today was a zillion times worse.
freeze yourself into a giant block of ice
Go to sonic or dairy queen and get a blizzard.
bizmark Wrote:freeze yourself into a giant block of ice

SmileSmileSmile Yep, that would work
My teacher cancelled our class tonight because of it being so hot... I was glad because I don't think I could have sit there for over 2 hours in the heat
I feel the pain up here at ACC the a/c has been broken and its like 100 degrees in the classes!! It's horrible I guess thats what u get when you go to "harvard on the hill"
Someone buy me a cooling pad that I can put under my laptop so my legs don't melt off when I have to write my term papers this week. I'd love you forever.
I just bought one at walmart for like 20 bucks its great!
Heck yes! I need to go to Wal-Mart tommorow then.
Well it cooled down outside about the time we got our room down to a comfortable temperature. It gets cold in here at night now but oh well I'm not closing the windows or turning the fan off.