Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Shelby Valley (15th Region Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could go either way. Who do you all got?
Should be a dogfight....IF...the Belfry kids show up to play. They've ran hot and cold at times. When they're at their best....they can beat anyone in the field. They could also lose big. Gotta keep a body on SV's big man. I think he actually plays as a 3......but he can fill it up from the outside and is hard to handle around the paint. He'll be the difference one way or the other. Devin Varney for Belfry cannot get in foul trouble. He's their most versatile player....who can change things on both ends. If the Roblee kid is hot.....they can be tough to handle.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Should be a dogfight....IF...the Belfry kids show up to play. They've ran hot and cold at times. When they're at their best....they can beat anyone in the field. They could also lose big. Gotta keep a body on SV's big man. I think he actually plays as a 3......but he can fill it up from the outside and is hard to handle around the paint. He'll be the difference one way or the other. Devin Varney for Belfry cannot get in foul trouble. He's their most versatile player....who can change things on both ends. If the Roblee kid is hot.....they can be tough to handle.

Outlaw you hit the nail on the head I went and watched them play Pikeville they put a man on him and it bothered him bad so I think we’ll try something similar to that
Yeah...I could definitely see where a chaser who's willing to put a body on him would make him feel uncomfortable. Honestly....that's what it takes. Play clean....but physical. However.....You can't do that with Devin. gotta use a fresh rotation off the bench. He has to stay on the court IMO.
I have a feeling Belfry pulls this one out. They have been hot lately and as long as they keep potter for sv under 20 and Varney stays out of foul trouble I think Belfry wins.
SportsFan67 Wrote:I have a feeling Belfry pulls this one out. They have been hot lately and as long as they keep potter for sv under 20 and Varney stays out of foul trouble I think Belfry wins.

I agree with both of you guys the game we played them before Varney and Harris both fouled out and just lost by three this should be a good one
I'm going with Shelby Valley by 12.
SV by 7
SV has a couple of lock down defenders who will keep Roblee way under his average. If the refs let em play, SV by double digits. If the refs call it tight, SV will probably end up in foul trouble and Belfry could get the win.
Let's use this for the game updates.....
3 fouls on SV inside the first minute....

Looks like it's gonna be called very tight.
End 1st qtr., SV leads 10-9.

Fouls
Belfry - 2
SV- 5
Belfry in the bonus... 6:33 in the 2nd qtr.
3:20 left in the 2nd qtr.

SV - 10
Belfry - 5

Fouls.
Belfry's on a run....

25-20 Belfry
2:23 2nd qtr.
Good work pulp. Keep it up
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Belfry in the bonus... 6:33 in the 2nd qtr.

You all can keep those refs if you'd like. Lol.
Hurt player for Belfry... not sure what happened.

Halftime. Belfry leads 25-24.

Fouls
SV - 10+
Belfry - 7
Looks like we are gonna be in a slowed-down, half-court type of 2nd half....
#10 from Belfry looks to be good.
Uh oh.... this one is going south.
3 Technical fouls on SV #3, #10 & the Head coach.

OH MY.......

4:45 3rd qtr.

Belfry leads 33-31.
Nothing happened with the 3 SV Tech. fouls.
3:57 in the 3rd.

35-32, Belfry.
4th Tech. foul on SV.

This one could go south.... very fast.
End 3rd qtr. Belfry leads, 44-42.

Fouls:
SV - 9
Belfry - 4
1:49 left....

60-57, Belfry.
12.1 left...

Belfry 65-62.