Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can the Cubs fix their pitching woes????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems from the early onset that the Cubbies could have yet more problems with Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. Personally I think they should have dropped Wood and maybe given Prior one more year before yanking the chain on him. Zambrano remains steady but he can only do so much without any support. Honest opinion I believe that the Cubs could have yet another sub-par year despite all the money they spent in the offseason.
I agree totally with you on the Wood deal, and also the Prior statement..but..look at it like this, no matter how bad their pitching is, you all still got more than my beloved Pirates, lol..Zambrano is a stud though, no question. Im anxious to see how they do with Lou Pinella though, I think he's one of the best in the bigs and I think he'll do well in Chi-town..but I still hope they go winless against Pittsburgh, lol
Hey completely understandable about the pirates!lol
Pittsburgh looks like they are bringing in some young talent though. Maybe their is some promise down the line.

I heard yesterday that Prior's fastball is only topping out at 85 or 86 mph. If that's true, they might as well pull the plug on him.

I am interested in seeing what Pinella can do, too. Definitely one of the more animated coaches in the bigs!lol

He is fairly aggressive as well. Could help the Cubbies