Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bracken 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Back to back winning seasons, only 2 in school history. Can they keep it up?
Yes.
I think they can keep it up but maybe not to the standard of the last few years. They have lost a ton!
BTP Wrote:I think they can keep it up but maybe not to the standard of the last few years. They have lost a ton!

Yes.
GTownDevil Wrote:Yes.

What do they have returning?
BTP Wrote:What do they have returning?

Excellent coaching, a solid offensive line, arguably the best running back in 1A, and great community support. I've heard that we may even be getting a turf field and new bleachers with all the upgrades that have been going on. The Oline will be clearing holes like a county garage snow plow on a snowy night this season. Should be fun times on the glacier.
They return a good coach and quarterback. And yes one of the best running backs in 1A in Tad Fisher who will be a senior in 2018. I think they are the favorite to win 1A District 5A but will have stiff competition from Paris. They community is starting to get behind football after only 15 years and the most successful sport right now in Brooksville. I think if they want to really want to make a community and statewide statement they need to win their first district championship in 2018.
GTownDevil Wrote:Excellent coaching, a solid offensive line, arguably the best running back in 1A, and great community support. I've heard that we may even be getting a turf field and new bleachers with all the upgrades that have been going on. The Oline will be clearing holes like a county garage snow plow on a snowy night this season. Should be fun times on the glacier.

Haven't heard of any field renovations but it is long overdue. Current field is in rough shape. Hope to see a good year out of the polar bears! What's the schedule look like?
The field is in desperate need of repairs. On the bright side it is surrounded by an awesome track.
I think the o-line lost several This year. Only returning Kuper Teegarden.

But.

I have the full faith in Dave Brausch. An OHIO state champ. The man can flat get it done.
Any news on how summer ball is going?
I think Paintsville held the Polar Bears to under 100 yds rushing and very few yds passing. Also 0 pts last season.
Eagleland Wrote:I think Paintsville held the Polar Bears to under 100 yds rushing and very few yds passing. Also 0 pts last season.

I think Coach Brausch will get them going this year. It takes a while to get your system installed and get things up and going. The offensive line should be the strength of this years squad and I would expect better matchup between Paintsville and the Polar Bears next time around with a year in the system under their belt.
Paintsville returns 9 starters on Defense side of the ball. Plus few other players that saw player time. Offense will have a lot of skilled players on that side of the ball. Plus some unknown factors (players) (4) team race in the east Paintsville, Pikeville, Raceland and Hazard.

Don't see the Polar Bears scoring much on this this Defense.
How is summer going for the Polar Bears?
How are we looking in passing games so far this summer?
No passing games yet! I think we’ll be alright though.
BTP Wrote:No passing games yet! I think we’ll be alright though.

From what I've heard we've been getting after it hard this offseason and in the early part of summer. I am excited to see what we can do on the field when it rolls around building on the success of the past couple of teams. How's numbers? Any one standing out? I am hearing the TE could be a potential standout this year.
GTownDevil Wrote:From what I've heard we've been getting after it hard this offseason and in the early part of summer. I am excited to see what we can do on the field when it rolls around building on the success of the past couple of teams. How's numbers? Any one standing out? I am hearing the TE could be a potential standout this year.

Been a solid offseason. The last couple of years have been solid but not sure if they can compare to the year we are about to have. A lot of talent in Brooksville!
BTP Wrote:Been a solid offseason. The last couple of years have been solid but not sure if they can compare to the year we are about to have. A lot of talent in Brooksville!

Is it true that the football team hasn't been practicing much at all this summer?
No one could practice until last week.
Bears will be fine. A little low on numbers but hopefully will improve in the next few weeks as school rolls around.
BTP Wrote:Bears will be fine. A little low on numbers but hopefully will improve in the next few weeks as school rolls around.

That's good news, I was worried after hearing we had low numbers and was only practicing a time or two a week, that would be a tough combination for success.
GTownDevil Wrote:That's good news, I was worried after hearing we had low numbers and was only practicing a time or two a week, that would be a tough combination for success.

No worries from me.

They don’t need to start getting serious until Aug 1. Save their energy for the late playoff run Coach Brausch is going to take us on!!
They need to get serious as soon as the season ends!
We may not have enough for a team if something don't change in the next couple of weeks. I've heard we only had enough to practice two days this week let's hope this isn't the case.
GTownDevil Wrote:We may not have enough for a team if something don't change in the next couple of weeks. I've heard we only had enough to practice two days this week let's hope this isn't the case.

Bracken will be fine. Numbers always go up as school gets closer and summer comes to a close. I’d say there will be about 25-30 kids once the season starts.
BTP Wrote:Bracken will be fine. Numbers always go up as school gets closer and summer comes to a close. I’d say there will be about 25-30 kids once the season starts.

With the extraordinary coaching staff we've got, we need thsoe kids out ASAP!! They should be bringing a notebook to practice just to write down all the wisdom that gets dispensed every day!
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:With the extraordinary coaching staff we've got, we need thsoe kids out ASAP!! They should be bringing a notebook to practice just to write down all the wisdom that gets dispensed every day!

I sense a little sarcasm in this post!
BTP Wrote:I sense a little sarcasm in this post!

No sir!

Coach Butler played D2.
Coach Brausch Is a 2x state champ!
Coach Florer is the best player in Polar Bear Football history.

I hope those boys are listening!
Pages: 1 2