Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 6 Shelby Valley 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Letcher Central went to Shelby Valley tonight and came out victorious 5-2. Even though they won the Cougars looked pretty sluggish the entire game. In one stretch, the pitcher from Shelby Valley balked in about 2 or 3 straight runs. If not for that single inning the game would have been much closer. Sexton came out and had a solid outting on the mound and was then later relieved by Brady Collins. Pitching and Defense aside, the cougars really need to work on getting their bats ready for the long haul if they think they are going to make a run at the regional title this season.
Congrats LC. Valley plays again today I think
congrats!!!!
Hafner_Fan Wrote:In one stretch, the pitcher from Shelby Valley balked in about 2 or 3 straight runs.

Are you exaggerating that or being serious? I don't know if I've ever heard of that. The 3 runs at least.
it was at least 2 runs. They umpires called two balks and then a questionable third. On the
3rd call the kid wasnt even on the rubber.
If i remember correctly the bases were loaded at the time
Congrats LCC
Hafner_Fan Wrote:Letcher Central went to Shelby Valley tonight and came out victorious 5-2. Even though they won the Cougars looked pretty sluggish the entire game. In one stretch, the pitcher from Shelby Valley balked in about 2 or 3 straight runs. If not for that single inning the game would have been much closer. Sexton came out and had a solid outting on the mound and was then later relieved by Brady Collins. Pitching and Defense aside, the cougars really need to work on getting their bats ready for the long haul if they think they are going to make a run at the regional title this season.

Don't worry, Coach Dean will have his kids ready to play come tournament time. LCC has a good group of seniors led by Sexton, Collins, Adams, Johnson, Tucker, and Hogg. They will step up and lead the Cougars into the Regional tournament with a strong appearence. Should even win a back to back District Title.
Congrats Letcher
there were only two bauks, one was one a kid was stealing home and the pitcher freaked out and the other he went from the wind up and tried to step off with his left foot, which no one from shelby valley understood as a bauk. LCC looked horrible hitting, but it will come, thats at least one thing you can progress on throughout the season. They played good defense not allowing an error. The cougars didn't look good but they still got the W.
Finding a way to get the win is all that matters. Their hitting did look pathetic, but i talked to a LCC player the other day and they said that they hadnt really had much live BP yet.
Could have attributed to the hitting problems but who knows. I think the cougars should fair well this season.
A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN! Congrats LCC! You hardly ever see a team actually start a season on fire when it comes to hitting!
And also, IMO everyone needs to get off od Coach Deans back! He is an outstanding coach who dedicates ALOT of time and effort towards the program@! I know there has been no negative comments towards him in this thread, but the man knows baseball and he knows kids! GREAT COACH WHO DESERVES CREDIT WHEREVER HE GOES! Anyways, best of luck to the Cougars throughout the rest of the season!