Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 11 Prestonsburg 1 (5 Innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Good job guys, anyone have any stats? Who was on the hill? Did Blanton return to the line-up?
Was Blanton out of the lineup?
Someone had mentioned to me that he had a little tightness in his hamstring and that was the reason he sat out of the scrimmage on Saturday against Fairview. Its awful early for anyone to be trying to push through a small injury that can quickly turn into one of those nagging ones. I just hope all goes well with him and wish him an injury free season.
GRIZZ Wrote:Someone had mentioned to me that he had a little tightness in his hamstring and that was the reason he sat out of the scrimmage on Saturday against Fairview. Its awful early for anyone to be trying to push through a small injury that can quickly turn into one of those nagging ones. I just hope all goes well with him and wish him an injury free season.
Justin initally injured his hamstring about 6 weeks ago working out at the H.I.T. Center and then reinjured it again last thursday during a college recruiting workout. Will probably need a couple weeks rest.
rooster Wrote:Justin initally injured his hamstring about 6 weeks ago working out at the H.I.T. Center and then reinjured it again last thursday during a college recruiting workout. Will probably need a couple weeks rest.

I would rest it also, no need in damaging a future for a couple of games that really don't hold a lot of water towards the outcome of the rest of the season.
Mike Conley started for the Eagles and went the first four innings. Dillon Baldwin pitched the fifth in relief. The run was given up in the first - was unearned.

Blanton did start - he led off, got a hit, tried to run to first and it looked like he tweaked the hamstring again. He was replaced by Nick Vance for the rest of the game.

The Eagles played some decent defense, and J.K. had a nice assist on a putout at second from right field. The pitching was solid, not many walks at all. The batters put the ball in play. Hard to really tell how good Central is from this game, as Prestonsburg kicked it all over the park. They had at least six errors in the game.
Blanton just needs to take it easy for a while. The kid has plenty of promise and he doesn't need to throw it all away in trying to return quickly.

Who did he do a workout for? I hear he is being recruited heavily.
Congrats JC