Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trash talking is trash!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an interview with Bob Lanier and Larry Bird on espn classics they were ask about trash talking and the cockiness of the so-called new and better players of today.They both just laughed.Bird said when we scored, we didnt celebrate we got our butts back on defense.Lanier said we talked to each other but it wouldnt be considered trash talking like they do today.Bird then said if they tried that stuff back when he came into the leauge you would get smacked right in the mouth right then right there!!
well that attitude brought detroit two championships. playin dirty and talkin smack. if you can get into somebodys head then why not? mess with em a little bit but not to the point where thats all your doin and not focused on the game. im not a cocky person but when i play sports i get a certain attitude to where "im not gonna let you outplay me" and sometimes your emotions will go just a little bit. but i dont think a little bit of talkin hurts anything.
A little bit..no thats about all they do.I have been to several NBA games and its pitifyl.I think the big fight the pacers had reflects alof of the younger players today and it aint pretty.What about that crap they like to do after they score only to get beat back on the other end.
gettin beat on the other end i dont think is a result of trash talkin, they just dont like to play defense. it all starts with aau in my opinion. all that really does is lets big time players go out at a young age and show off. these guys just wanna light it up on the offensive side. thats why i love guys like ron artest and ben wallace.
Fuzzy Thurston was the best at talking trash that I have ever read about.
I think trash talking is great.
Sports wouldnt be fun unless you could talk a little bit of trash everynow and then. How else would you be able to sustain rivalries and things of that sort?