Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry-73 Pike Central-67 (60th District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Instant Karma served? :eyeroll:

Pirates first District Championship since 2013.
Good defensive game for the Pirates tonight on the road now on to the regional tournament the coaches will be drawing Sunday to see who plays who this should be a great tournament
I was at the game last night very good contest and both teams will represent the 60th district well, the only thing i didnt like was the total disrespect by the Belfry fans singing nanana hey hey good bye while a Pike Central player was down and hurt absolutely disgusting, has basketball games turned this bad that teams fans cant respect one another. After that being said congrats for Belfry first District in 5 years and Pike Central makes the regional for the first time in 2 years, and they will do the 60th proud...
I don't think they knew the kid was hurt at first. They told them to quit when a cpl of ppl noticed the player was down.
He had been laying there for a while before they started chanting that, however, PEP sections are there to get under the skin of opposing teams any which way the can. They did clap for the Charles kid as he got up and walked to the bench, so I don't think it was such a big deal.
I was impressed with Belfry. Little shocked by the way Pike Central faded after news article.
I'm sure those kids attended the manners and morals seminar put on by the HR firm Clevenger & Chapman...aka Good Sports R US. Smile
FrozenColonel Wrote:He had been laying there for a while before they started chanting that, however, PEP sections are there to get under the skin of opposing teams any which way the can. They did clap for the Charles kid as he got up and walked to the bench, so I don't think it was such a big deal.

I was clapping and purposely looked around to make sure all of our fans was showing respect for this young man and our whole fan section was standing and clapping for him but I didn’t pay attention to the student section