Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe County 55 Jackson City 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Lady Wolves win the 55th district title tonight at Breathitt County.
Congrats wolfe
Congrats to the Wolfe County Lady Wolves!!!!!!!!!! Must say this game had some horrendous calls. Two examples, there was a loose ball. Hailey Smith bent over and picked it up, halfway up she gets rammed in the back and hit the deck hard. So hard you wouldn't understand unless you saw it. Somehow, went straight down but was moved 6 feet. The refs did not call a travel or a defensive foul, I don't know what the foul would be called, but in football, it's called hitting a defenseless player, block in the back, targeting (launching with the head,) spearing, etc... They did not call a travel either. So for them to not call a travel they admitted that she got blocked into the ground, if she got blocked into the ground then that is a foul. Duh. Either way it's something, but it's obvious a defensive foul. Awful no call. Unjustifiable. Secondly, Breanna Colwell got called for two ticky-tack fouls in the first quarter. Which is, whatever. Fine. But then this; Wolfe was on defense with 5 seconds left, Tincher took a 25-30 foot three from deep in the right wing as time expired. There were three Lady Wolves that contested the shot. They called Colwell for her third, first off a bad call, second off, they made the call while both teams were sitting on their benches during the quarter timeout. ?????. It was at least 7 seconds late. Both teams were on their benches. Benches!!!!! Is there a protocol on how much time can elapse before a foul is called? Both were ridiculous and unjustifiable. Those were the two best examples, I'd say there were 16 or more officiating blunders. There were some missed calls on Wolfe County as well. I thought it was officiated well until I thought back at it. Just the truth.