Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 Centers since 1987(20 years)??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just looking for some interesting reading, and figured this would make for some good discussions.

I'm going to see where this goes and I'll post my picks later.:Thumbs:
In the state? In Eastern Kentucky? By region? JR VanHoose is an obvious choice in either category.
Good question, I was going to go by tops in the region. But lets do it like this

Top 5 for your region.
Top 5 for Eastern Ky.
top 5 in the State of Kentucky.
True centers from the 15th!!
My list
Vanhoose-paintsville
Powers-Pikeville
Jarvis-Pburg
Hale-SC
Dotson-Belfry Burke-Pburg
THis list is from 87--present
Johnson Central- Jody Salisbury
Surgalski (not sure on the spelling)- Ashland
Chase Lyons- Pike Central was a good one...
J.R. Vanhoose without a doubt.
DevilsWin Wrote:Surgalski (not sure on the spelling)- Ashland
Definitly, he played a Georgetown. As for the state I'd put Vanhoose at the top but what abou Brandon Bender from Ballard and Lavar Carter-Male??
Are there no big post men from Louisville to ever play in the NBA? When I was a kid I played with a guy named Rob Allen. His dad was like 6-11 and played either for the ABA or NBA in teh late 60's early 70's but had to leave early due to knee problems. Don't know where he played in High School or College though.

Plus don't forget about BIG Mike Scott from Greenup. Played at I think Bowling Green before transfering to UK.
Wes Unsled played in the league, Devilswin. Also Felton Spencer was from Louisville I believe. He played in the league for a while also.
DevilsWin Wrote:Are there no big post men from Louisville to ever play in the NBA?

Plus don't forget about BIG Mike Scott from Greenup. Played at I think Bowling Green before transfering to UK.
Wes Unseld and Felton Spencer come to mind and Mike Scott played at Wake Forrest
The Fan Wrote:wes unseld and felton spencer come to mind and mike scott played at Wake Forrest
That's right Wake Forrest, then he transferred to UK. Thanks for the correction there, The FAn.
Scott Hall, Prestonsburg 1989 15th Regional Championship Team
1st in state in FG%