Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jerry Rice to retire with San Francisco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reports have Rice signing a one day contract to retire with the San Francisco 49ers. I never liked the team but always loved to watch Jerry except against Cincy.

Hate to see the greatest ever Wide Receiver leave the game but it is time.

Thanks for the memories.
what he accomplished is simply amazing
im glad he got to retire with the niners too
CD are u sure hes retiring, in an interview on espn he said he was keeping his options open and still wanting to play for the rite team...lol..so i think thats wrong
Report on ESPN last night said he was going to sign a one day contract and retire as a 49er. He's certainly in good enough shape to make it another year but from the way they were talking this was already a done deal.
yea VW_FSU i saw that interview and he talked like he was going to play at least another year but i guess not
hurts to see the best wide reciever ever go....
prolly my all time favorite player, well one of em and i am glad to see him finally quittin.
Just saw on Fox Sports they said that in the past 24 hrs its came out that he will retire and then came back that he may give it a try for one more year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
one more year hopefully...
I think it was a good choice by JR. Everyone always think of him as a 49er
alrite CD, just be a little careful when reporting something that u dont know is actually completely true, but i mean u were prolly rite to post that...lol....just when u have something crazy like that, its easy to speculate, keep up the good work tho man, ur pretty good at this..
I still feel pretty sure that this will happen. I gues we'll just have to wait and see.
ur prolly right
im thinin rice has at least naother year in him
if i was ihm id play again
I hope to see Rice out on the field for one more year!
man plz retire, hes not contributing to ne team, retire with ur dignity, ur the best, leave the best..lol
ESPN radio stated today on the Dan Patrick show that he was still trying to get any team to give him a shot and if no one came calling soon he would sign with the 49ers and retire.
good info CD!
I wouldnt mind seeing him play one more year.. His leadership ablities alone are worth a one year contract on anyteam..
the experience factor sure didnt help the seahawks...lol
Well, hes getting old and he is just trying to play the game he loves. But, i think he should retire. He has countless records as it is. I dont see why he shouldnt.
Well we know rice isnt going to be a major contributer considering his age, but i guarantee he has something left in him...he loves this game more than anything and i think he would do whatever it takes to play!
its about time he did
I just hope if he does come back that he lets everyone know this is his last year so they can celebrate his career everywhere he goes.
i dont think that should happen, everyone knows hes great, i dont think parading around for him will make him feel better
Didn't mean it that way just a chance for the ones that do respect him as a player to have one last chance to show it.
plz..im sick of athletes over staying there welcome, the guy is done, now just retire on top