Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 58 Williamsburg 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Looks like the Jackets put up a fight. Congrats on a great year Williamsburg. You exceeded expectations and if you keep working hard, the future will be bright.
Not really they was down bad early, South just toyed with them but you are correct that coach Napier has the Jackets trending in the right direction.
Listened to the game on radio coming to work. South was up by 30 a couple times early in the third. Starters were pulled and Williamsburg was able to claw back within twenty. Sounds like the starters came back in late third quarter to swing the momentum back.

Give the Burg credit, they kept the margin from going to 36 and prevented the dreaded running clock, and were able to make the final score somewhat respectable.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Not really they was down bad early, South just toyed with them but you are correct that coach Napier has the Jackets trending in the right direction.

Was referring to them having pride and not rolling over when down big.
Next time coach Davis won’t take starters out. Bush league for burg coach to keep his starters in and running and jumping against our JV and freshman while keeping starters in. It won’t happen again. I will promise you that
I never can remember a game when coach Keith of Clay County would take starters out unless the other team would surrender their starters first. :truestory: But I’m glad to see Williamsburg fight back tho.
Congrats to South.
ky playmaker Wrote:Next time coach Davis won’t take starters out. Bush league for burg coach to keep his starters in and running and jumping against our JV and freshman while keeping starters in. It won’t happen again. I will promise you that

Most of those kids were seniors playing in their last game. Why bench them when most of them won’t go on to play college ball? No one thought the burg would upset SL, let the boys play their careers out.
ky playmaker Wrote:Next time coach Davis won’t take starters out. Bush league for burg coach to keep his starters in and running and jumping against our JV and freshman while keeping starters in. It won’t happen again. I will promise you that

Not really sure why Williamsburg coach has to make moves based on what South coach does... Let each coach their own team, make their own decisions and deal with the results. This is an elimination game - all bets are off. Only goal is to win.
looks like it is snowing in Eastern Kentucky Confusednicker:
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Most of those kids were seniors playing in their last game. Why bench them when most of them won’t go on to play college ball? No one thought the burg would upset SL, let the boys play their careers out.

From the roster, there was 2 seniors. But I guarantee you that if South beat Williamsburg by 50 (which was about to be the outcome.) everyone would be saying it was dirty for South to beat up on Williamsburg like that.
ProudPanther Wrote:Not really sure why Williamsburg coach has to make moves based on what South coach does... Let each coach their own team, make their own decisions and deal with the results. This is an elimination game - all bets are off. Only goal is to win.

Sounds like someone justifying what they did to 1A Pineville.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Most of those kids were seniors playing in their last game. Why bench them when most of them won’t go on to play college ball? No one thought the burg would upset SL, let the boys play their careers out.

So you can let players that will be on the floor for you next year get experience this year.
South is ready for a regional run
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:From the roster, there was 2 seniors. But I guarantee you that if South beat Williamsburg by 50 (which was about to be the outcome.) everyone would be saying it was dirty for South to beat up on Williamsburg like that.

Poore, Stohn, and Purdie were the seniors who played most of the fourth. I’m all for keeping my starters in until the third in a blowout. Personally, I’d have kept Ramey in and sat him the second half and kept my other guys in until halfway through the third.
Willie Turnover Wrote:So you can let players that will be on the floor for you next year get experience this year.

While I think that’s important, in a game you’re down that big I still believe you let your seniors play it out then call a timeout with a minute left and take them out, which coach Napier did. Your backups are only getting experience against backups and probably kids they play in JV or have played in middle school etc.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:From the roster, there was 2 seniors. But I guarantee you that if South beat Williamsburg by 50 (which was about to be the outcome.) everyone would be saying it was dirty for South to beat up on Williamsburg like that.

I wouldn't have said it was dirty, I can guarantee you that.

Tournament games are what they are. You wanna leave starters out and risk injury in a freak accident, then that's on you.

To me, what's most unfair is anyone asking their kids not to play hard.