Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson County 58 Clay County 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big upset
Didn't see this one coming at all..big congratulations to Jackson county for coming with your A game n leaving it all on the court n came out with a big win ..
Losing Asher changed the dynamics of Clays offense drastically. It was much easier to defend Mathis when she moved to the point! You have to give Jackson County credit for a great defensive game plan! Congratulations Lady Generals
Did this game knock them out of the region?
TSizzle Wrote:Did this game knock them out of the region?

It did. Congrats to Jackson County on making it to the 49th district championship. Big win for them.
This is mind blowing to me. I may be wrong about this, somebody correct me if I am, but I think this is the first time in girls basketball history, over 40 years now, that Clay hasn’t made the regional tournament.
Congrats to Jackson County.
haven't seen Jackson this year... but it's obvious that their Coach has the program headed in the right direction.
Van Hagar Wrote:This is mind blowing to me. I may be wrong about this, somebody correct me if I am, but I think this is the first time in girls basketball history, over 40 years now, that Clay hasn’t made the regional tournament.

They didn’t make it to region in 2003 and 2004. Rockcastle County beat them both times in the first round of district.
Had forgotten about that. Still seems unthinkable. And if the boys lose to Jackson, I know there's never been a region without one Clay team.