Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co. vs. Jackson co. 2/22 49th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both teams tied 1-1 in the Seasun 18-10 generals looking for another Win I think the boys will get it go generals
Should be a great game in a miserable environment. Will suck to get there a hour and a half early and still get turned away.
It's funny that all the small schools vote to play the region at the Arena, for financial reasons, but at district time they don't care a bit to lose money so they can host in their crackerbox gyms!
walterwhite Wrote:It's funny that all the small schools vote to play the region at the Arena, for financial reasons, but at district time they don't care a bit to lose money so they can host in their crackerbox gyms!

That one is going to be really bad, and probably borderline dangerous.
Is a Jackson County win enough to stop Glenn from taking even more of a steaming dump on the legacy of Clay County basketball?
Clay wins by 12.
Picking traditions Tigers Confusedhh:

Clay County 64
Jackson County 61

Feed the ball to Ryan Rogers :truestory:
Jackson Co. 67
Clay Co. 59

Jackson gets the victory.
I think Jackson county by 4...64 to 60 Jackson county wins...Greg Parrett is a dangerous coach when he's a under dog n I think he will have a sneaky game plan under his sleeve n Glenn is still stuck in the media drama n pressure with his future of being the coach at clay next yr and Greg will sneak in like a snake n bite him before he's knows what's going on and then by the time Glenn sees what's happening it's done to late n over...let the song bird start tweeting n the clay fans start crying 😢 😢 😢.. History is going down in the 📚 for the first time and the legend coach Glenn becomes 👑 of CC nation..
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Clay wins by 12.

64SUR Wrote:Picking traditions Tigers Confusedhh:

Clay County 64
Jackson County 61

I would honestly love to see Clay County win, but I've lost faith.

When the realistic best case scenario is beating Jackson County in the 2/3 game of the district and going into region as a runner-up praying that you don't draw a Knox Central team that beat you on your home floor 94-69 two weeks ago, well...
Regardless of what may or may not happen in the offseason, Tigers need to win this game.
This game and Lynn Camp/Barbourville key first round games, best of luck to all schools. :Cheerlead
Home court is the deciding factor. JC by 1.
E's Army Wrote:Home court is the deciding factor. JC by 1.

Then OBI wins, as the 49th is at OBI.
This game could be one of the best first games in the state. I feel it will come down to the wire just like the other 2 games. As a fan my concern is getting a seat. I know OBI doesn't seat many and if it is like the other games OBIs gym is not going to even come close to holding the amount of people going to be there.
The last time OBI hosted district around 2009 they brought in bleachers behind the goals. It wasn't a lot but it did add maybe 100 more seats total.
OBI cannot hold the crowd that would like to be there. They can bring in bleachers but there will still be people upset about it. Unless, most people are thinking like me and stay home to listen to it on the radio, there may be some upset people turned away at the door.
OBI does the best they can with the gym that they have.

It is a great place to watch a game and has a really old school feel to it. I don't know about people being turned away. As was mentioned, some might decide to stay home and listen on the radio. I don't know what size crowds every school has been having, though from what I hear and what I've been able to see (from online broadcasts), it doesn't look like Clay County has had their normal contingent lately. Probably depends on how many people Jackson County brings.
If Marcum was the coach I'd say Clay by at least 15......but with Gray on the sideline I'll pick Jackson by 3........This could be the first time since God created Adam and Eve that both Clay County basketball teams make it to region in the same year..........It's a sad day.
I honestly can't even believe that we as Clay County fans are even having this conversation because in all honestly this Jackson County team isn't very good......I remember a few years back when Jackson County was really good and still couldn't beat Clay Co in the district. I just hope that like last year if Clay does win tomorrow that people don't start saying what a great job the coaching staff has done just to get to region....I mean last year our head coach was voted coach of the year in the region by some polls.
Rainingthrees Wrote:This game and Lynn Camp/Barbourville key first round games, best of luck to all schools. :Cheerlead

Clay mentioned in the same breath as Lynn Camp and Barbourville... WOW... how times have changed.
This will not last forever but Clay County needs to win this game to keep from falling too far before standing back up. The 13th region will be losing a lot of seniors after the season, the Tigers will lose 1 in the true rotation. You have to think they would get better.
The problem Clay has next year is they won’t have any seniors and I’m sure other teams in the13th will. I hear he is trying to recruit a big man but I also hear that kids are wanting to leave. The days of Clay winning because of the name on their jersey is over. The only hope Clay has is that GG steps down and they hire someone that’s competent.
This will be a great game
The problem with Clay County is that they are not very well coached. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing until it's too late. Once one or two of the kids leave, then #TheyGone.

As for getting a big, he had better be Shaq, because Glenn has already taken and ruined a kid from a team about to beat him, so I'm not encouraged by his track record so far.
My biggest worry about tonight's district game for Clay with Jackson Co. is that our young players have never competed in a "hostile" environment before. Jackson's girls beating Clay's only poured gas on the fire for the boys! Going to take a TEAM effort with better defense to pull out a win for the Tigers tonight...plain and simple!
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Clay wins by 12.

Try Again :biggrin::biggrin:
64SUR Wrote:Picking traditions Tigers Confusedhh:

Clay County 64
Jackson County 61

Wrong again
cchsfan4life Wrote:I honestly can't even believe that we as Clay County fans are even having this conversation because in all honestly this Jackson County team isn't very good......I remember a few years back when Jackson County was really good and still couldn't beat Clay Co in the district. I just hope that like last year if Clay does win tomorrow that people don't start saying what a great job the coaching staff has done just to get to region....I mean last year our head coach was voted coach of the year in the region by some polls.

This General Team was Better at Than the team u mentioned even tho Jordan fox played on that team .
jchs football parent Wrote:This General Team was Better at Than the team u mentioned even tho Jordan fox played on that team .

With all due respect, I know y’all are excited right now but 2014 Jackson and Clay County were better than every team in the 13th this year.
Pages: 1 2