Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 66, Paintsville 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Fans coming out of the stands, police and administration on the floor at the end. :yikes:
Wild ending!!!
^^No doubt! 15th regional tournament will be epic.
The boys regional will be one of best, girls regional is a formality. I would not put money on any of the boys games however.
Mjolnir Wrote:The boys regional will be one of best, girls regional is a formality. I would not put money on any of the boys games however.

No formalities in this day and age! It would be a shocker if SV girls don't win it, only shocker in boys tourney will be if arena isn't packed.
Formality was probably not correct term,SV however hasn't lost a game in region and we won't. You are right about the crowd with such parody in boys. Expo will be rockin
Why were fans coming out of the stands?
Claims were that time keeper cheated.
Mjolnir Wrote:Claims were that time keeper cheated.

Allegations of cheating by a losing team. That's a first. :yikes:
Mjolnir Wrote:Claims were that time keeper cheated.

The score keeper turned around and told some of the Paintsville people "to go F**k themselves" is what I was told made things a lot worse.
Glory Days Wrote:The score keeper turned around and told some of the Paintsville people "to go F**k themselves" is what I was told made things a lot worse.
He did NOT turn around and say that. He DID say something to that effect (I don’t know exactly what he said) to the assistant coach from Paintsville who came to the table and accused him of that. Coaches should take concerns like that directly to the refs. Both plays that they allege “cheating” on were bang bang plays. First one resulted in four tenths of a second going back on the clock and the second one resulted in five tenths of a second going back on. There is NEVER a reason for fans to climb over seats trying to get to someone at the table either. Whoever that fan was needs a Xanax or Netflix and chill to calm down. Not excusing the language from the clock operator, but anything he said (again, I had a direct view of it) was directed at the assistant coach until the ONE fan came over seats at him. Even after that with people screaming at him and so on, he kept his attention directly on the floor and did not turn and engage at those people. It was a good, exciting game and didn’t need crap like that to detract from the effort of boys on BOTH sides.
Not at Pikeville lol
Warthog III Wrote:Not at Pikeville lol
Were you even there? Like I said, good hard game between two good teams and NO reason for that fan to have acted that way. None. If you think it was poorly officiated, that’s different. I actually thought it was pretty even both ways. Calls were missed but on both teams. Think fouls actually were advantage Paintsville at the end of the game in number.

Regardless, this was all on the actions of one fan at the end who could not control himself.
I was sitting behind the Paintsville bench when they played at Johnson Central and witnessed the coaching staff verbally confront the timekeeper in that game. #ISEEAPATTERN
BlueSky Wrote:Why were fans coming out of the stands?
ONE fan. While the Paintsville side was VERY vocal (as was Pikeville), only one fan lost their cool enough to charge the score table. Don’t want to paint all of their fans with that sweeping allegation.
Congrats to Panthers
THOMCAT Wrote:I was sitting behind the Paintsville bench when they played at Johnson Central and witnessed the coaching staff verbally confront the timekeeper in that game. #ISEEAPATTERN
Coaches need to address the refs not the score table, with any concerns and or allegations.
A little over two minutes left Paintsville up by 4 & they put up a shot & missed on consecutive trips down the floor! Why? They surely could have worked more time off the clock, maybe try get fouled.
Paintsville definitely played at the end like they were behind. Coaches should never curse the timekeeper or distract him or her in any form. Plain and simple Paintsville Panicked! IMO.