Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County vs Lafayette 3/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
powell county will travel to lafayette high school to open their season. powell looked good in their scrimmage against magoffin last night, lacked in some defense, but overall decent, they need to step it up if they want to win. who do you think will win this, and no stupid 99-0 lafayette or 99-0 powell give what you think will actually happen, dont pick favorites.
Lafayette and probably by a lot.
Powell looks pretty good this year and I want them to win but I think Lafayette will win by 15 in Varsity and 20 in JV.
Everyone is going to say Lafayette, and they maybe be right but i think that Powell will give them a run for their money.good luck Powell, eveyone in the mountians is pulling for u.
It's still very early. Pitching is better than hitting early on. I think Lafayette will win, but by a score of like 6-2. Powell County will have all their pitching available for the game.

Lafayette is proabably the 5th or 6th best team in Lexington. Would not be surprised if it is a one or two run game.
rawlingsfan Wrote:It's still very early. Pitching is better than hitting early on. I think Lafayette will win, but by a score of like 6-2. Powell County will have all their pitching available for the game.

Lafayette is proabably the 5th or 6th best team in Lexington. Would not be surprised if it is a one or two run game.
There are only 7 teams in the city. Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Henry Clay, and Bryan Station. As of right now Catholic is ranked second behind Dunbar, yet they are ranked 14th in the nation. Lafayette is actually in the running for third or fourth right behind LCA and Tates Creek. Lafayette has a solid crew and will be tough to beat. But I believe Powell will represent the mountains well tonight as they travel to lexington. Good Luck Pirates!TongueirateSho
Godspeed Wrote:There are only 7 teams in the city. Lex Cath, Lex Christian, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Henry Clay, and Bryan Station. As of right now Catholic is ranked second behind Dunbar, yet they are ranked 14th in the nation. Lafayette is actually in the running for third or fourth right behind LCA and Tates Creek. Lafayette has a solid crew and will be tough to beat. But I believe Powell will represent the mountains well tonight as they travel to lexington. Good Luck Pirates!TongueirateSho

KHSBCA pre-season top 25:

1. Lex. Cath
3. Dunbar
4. LCA
18. Tates Creek
20. Henry Clay
24. Lafayette
powell county lost this one 3-13, powell scored 2 runs in the first then lafayette tied it, then scored 3 more in the second, then powell scored again in the 3rd. it was a 3-5 ballgame going into the 5th, then lafayette started to kill the ball. they scored 8 runs, powell walked several, and hit a couple for runs. they walked in i think 2 or 3 runs, and hit the batter with bases loaded to give lafayette a 10 run lead in the 5th and it was called. overall powell looked good. they made a couple errors, but mostly the pitching in the 5th, a couple walks then a couple hits, gets a team rolling then all down hill. but overall, both teams played good.
they were in it for a while, then they just couldn't finish it.
Powell did good, they just didn't have enough to stay in it at the end.they did very well though.
rawlingsfan Wrote:KHSBCA pre-season top 25:

1. Lex. Cath
3. Dunbar
4. LCA
18. Tates Creek
20. Henry Clay
24. Lafayette
I was referring to the Lexington Herald Leader when I saw the Rankings in there. Lafayette was ranked higher. But thanks for the lookout.:Thumbs:
Both teams looked very good, sadly Powell didn't win.
Lafayette has a full caoching staff and seems to be funded well too.
J.V. looked good too. (3-2)
Best of luck next game Pirates!
#1piratefan Wrote:Both teams looked very good, sadly Powell didn't win.
J.V was 2-1
#1piratefan Wrote:Both teams looked very good, sadly Powell didn't win.

are you trying to say Powell doesn't have a good coaching staff???I think their staff is just fine.They won the region last year in their first year together.Don't think they could have done much more.
Nope...did I say they don't have a good coach? I think powell has a great coaching staff. I said , Lafayette has a FULL (meaning many) Coaching staff. Someone always trying to start something I guess. I support the players and coaches on here. I know they won region...I traveled with them and congratulated them as well. Hope they repeat!
i support them to, i just miss understood what u said.
No problem. It's easily done on here. So many people want to argue...it's a waste of time.
I think the players of any sport are dedicated and are not thanked anough for representing. As for the Coaches...The time they dedicate is unreal. Especially Powell County. Coaches there really seem to take the boys under their wings and direct them in many ways....not to mention how to play the game and win/lose with style. I see a lot of class there in their county. The parents are supportive and cheer for many kids on the teams (JV & Varsity) not just their own. To me that is another fine exaple of team work.Which is another reason I think Powell has a great shot for a repeat winning season.