Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whose favorite to win 14th region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From looking at everyones records, doesnt seem like a whole lot of consistency with any teams winning. I figured Knott would be on the top of the food chain, then Perry, Hazard, Leslie in no particular order. Can Owsley really beat any of these 4 teams? Lee could possibly upset someone but it would take a heck of an effort. Regions gonna be wide open for a few teams. Enjoy the long ride to Estill County. Cant believe they are in the 14th region.
Where would you suggest they put Estill? Look at the map
Estill is about 35 minutes from Lexington is what coach Bentley told me so down there somewhere. Knott is still in the running but losing to Powell is a bad loss
Perry should win it
Estill should be in region with Madison County schools. To dang far away from rest of 14th.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Estill should be in region with Madison County schools. To dang far away from rest of 14th.

The 11th Region is already too large. You have to draw the lines somewhere and the 14th is smaller than the 11th.
Dont fret Estill no more wanting to be in the 14th then all the schools in the 14th didn't want them. I've watched many a game where the calls always went the way of the original 14th region shools.
The 11th is kicking schools to other regions. The 13th further than the 14th and the 10th loaded with northern ky now. My friends in the 56th say the 14th has always just as soon be rid of all of that district. I see the future looking different however. Enrollment in the southern most schools continues to drastically decline while Powell and Estill hold steady . The region make look different in a few years
There’s nothing wrong with Estill or Powell being in the 14th region.

The way the map sets up for that county is going to place them at the farthest end of a region regardless where you put them.
At the present they are on the farthest northwest side of the 14th.
In their old region, the 10th, they were at the farthest point to the south. Schools up around Mason Co probably didn’t know they existed.
If you moved them to the 11th, which they were also once in, they are the farthest school located to the southeast in that region.
If you moved them to the 13th (they border Jackson Co) they would be the farthest school to the north in that region.
If you move them to the 12th they would be the farthest school to the east or northeast.
So Estill is at a disadvantage geographically regardless where they are placed. The county is located at the confluence of five regions!

I think they fit just fine in the 14th region.
They fit just as well as Clark Co and Covington Scott being in the same 10th region. Or Simon Kenton being in the same 8th region as Anderson Co.
Conductor Wrote:Where would you suggest they put Estill? Look at the map
It's 120 miles from one end of the region to the other. That is absolutely ridiculous. They should be in with the Richmond/Madison county schools for sure.
Estill, Madison, Powell, and Clark would make up a great 4 counties.
Yes their is a problem with it. Jenkins to Estill is about a 3 hour drive. Kentucky is relatively a small state so why should teams have to drive 3 hours to a regional game? Its ridiculous. Powells not that far off the beaten path being on the interstate but its still another 30 minutes to Estill from there.
Why not move Letcher to 15th ? Or Knott as the original 2005 draft alignment had? They are are both 30 minutes from pikeville civic center. The bottoms line is folks in 53rd and 54th have always considered that the center of the region and ignored the 55th and 56th so it’s just an inconvenience for them in general .. imo
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Yes their is a problem with it. Jenkins to Estill is about a 3 hour drive. Kentucky is relatively a small state so why should teams have to drive 3 hours to a regional game? Its ridiculous. Powells not that far off the beaten path being on the interstate but its still another 30 minutes to Estill from there.
Jenkins is now in the 15th region, so they won’t be driving to Estill. But I see what you’re saying. It still doesn’t stop the fact that every region, with the exception of the two Jefferson County regions, are going to have teams that are 2 hours plus drive away from various sites within the region. The regions are big all over the state. Ask the people in Winchester about it when they must drive to Northern Ky University or Maysville for their region. Or the Kenton County fans who drive to Henry County. Look at the 12th region. Teams on the Tennessee border, such as Wayne County, are in the same region as the Jessamine schools who are within 20 minutes of Lexington.

To say Estill is too far to drive and should be in another region doesn’t make sense. What about when the tournaments are in Hindman or Hazard. Those folk in Irvine have to drive that same long distance to get to the event. The roads to all the gyms in the 14th run two ways: there and back. It’s just as far for those people to travel as it is for those that visit their gym.
To say Estill should be in the 10th or 11th is no different than the people in the 56th district saying all the Letcher and Knott schools should be in the 15th region because it’s too far for the 56th district fans to travel. That argument can work two ways, as I’ve just pointed out.
Estill is about 40-45 minutes away from Lexington...

Estill is in a region where they can compete year in and year out. Have Knott or Letcher go to Scott County, Lex Cath, LCA, or any of those school's, heck even Tates Creek and see if they don't get spanked.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Jenkins is now in the 15th region, so they won’t be driving to Estill. But I see what you’re saying. It still doesn’t stop the fact that every region, with the exception of the two Jefferson County regions, are going to have teams that are 2 hours plus drive away from various sites within the region. The regions are big all over the state. Ask the people in Winchester about it when they must drive to Northern Ky University or Maysville for their region. Or the Kenton County fans who drive to Henry County. Look at the 12th region. Teams on the Tennessee border, such as Wayne County, are in the same region as the Jessamine schools who are within 20 minutes of Lexington.

To say Estill is too far to drive and should be in another region doesn’t make sense. What about when the tournaments are in Hindman or Hazard. Those folk in Irvine have to drive that same long distance to get to the event. The roads to all the gyms in the 14th run two ways: there and back. It’s just as far for those people to travel as it is for those that visit their gym.
To say Estill should be in the 10th or 11th is no different than the people in the 56th district saying all the Letcher and Knott schools should be in the 15th region because it’s too far for the 56th district fans to travel. That argument can work two ways, as I’ve just pointed out.
I understand the roads run both ways, but here in Eastern Ky the roads may say the same mileage as some of the other regions, but the roads are much different. You can't travel the same way from Estill to Letcher(who should of also moved with Jenkins to the 15th) as say teams from Wayne County to Jessamine. I75 is a little different than Hwy 15
The regional tournament should be at a more central location however in my opinion.
Conductor Wrote:Why not move Letcher to 15th ? Or Knott as the original 2005 draft alignment had? They are are both 30 minutes from pikeville civic center. The bottoms line is folks in 53rd and 54th have always considered that the center of the region and ignored the 55th and 56th so it’s just an inconvenience for them in general .. imo
Being from the old 53rd district (Jenkins, Neon, Whitesburg, and Letcher), we felt as slighted as any 56th district team. The 55th and 54th districts held all tourneys, Not until the consolidation of LCC and movement of KCC into the 53rd district, would we ever host a region.
Traditionally Jenkins should have never been moved and only because administration wanted the move did it occur.
Logistics and geography should play a part in it. Powell and Estill wanted into the 14th region for obvious reasons and that is ok.

So to be on topic...it is a toss up. KCC, PCC, Leslie Co, and Hazard...who can put three games together and who gets best draw.
coalminer Wrote:The regional tournament should be at a more central location however in my opinion.
Breathitt County every year. Right in the middle of the region.
Perry is the team that is difficult to predict because they’ve played very few 14th region teams to get a grasp on how they stack up with everyone else. They haven’t played any of their 54th district rivals nor their neighbor Knott Central. That’s odd scheduling by Coach Napier but I suppose he has his reasons.
The tourney needs to be right in the middle every year.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:The tourney needs to be right in the middle every year.

What’s your suggestion? Breathitt Coliseum?
I agree to a “Central Location”. And if it’s a money thing, then divide the money evenly between the regional contenders. Maybe a little more to the champion and runner-up.
Breathitt would be dead center. Are you saying the 53rd and 54th would agree to have it at Breathitt every year?
Yeah Breathitt would be a fine place to have it.
Leslie County will win the region.
E's Army Wrote:Leslie County will win the region.

[Image: 19050969_134557283782579_784370531447288...NQ%3D%3D.2] Baby let ole Fatpat break it down for you boi! Honeycutta have the train back on track baby! BoPo,CT, and the entourage be hitting Estill wide freaking open brutha! #esarmyhighastheteslacar More mash taters please!!!
[Image: RkHDBa5.gif] Estill be straight up wild road trip! Fatpat got a feeling the taters be flying high and concessions be too bruh! #shovelthecoalbaby More mash taters please!!!
I think Perry has the best chance!
In my OPINION,,,,,,,,the regional championship will be played the first game of the district. PCC vs. Leslie. They are the two best teams in the region. Who ever wins that game is out of here.
If Proffit is out for Perry I don’t think Leslie will have much trouble winning that first round district game. Someone posted that she was in a boot. Something serious enough for a boot is not going to heal up in just a few days.

I hope she can play. I hate to see a anyone practice and play all year and then miss the primary goal of it all, getting to the regional and winning it.
Pages: 1 2